Syncup file from device to Desktop outside my document directory RRS feed

• Question

• How can I auto sync up the files between mobile device and PC (xp or vista) that is not in the "my document" directory when the device connect to the PC.  Thanks

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 6:06 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:40 PM

All replies

• that is depends on what level of sync you want to achieve, if you just need to synchornize the two folders, activeSync or the Microsoft Mobile Device Center on Vista can do it.

if you need complicated solution such as taking care of conflicts etc, you can write your own provider using Microsoft Sync Framework for device + the sync framework on desktop to achieve this.

http://forums.microsoft.com/sync/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3741955&SiteID=75 is the CTP bits for devices.

thanks

Yunwen

Friday, August 22, 2008 8:26 AM
  • Thank you, Yunwen,  I tried the activesync 4.5 and MMDC, I added the files (from different directroies) to the file sync /share drive.  Then I updated those files from my mobile device. and pressed sync from the desktop.  It only updated the file in the my document /device ID my document.  It did not sync up the original files ( ex: c:\myApp\latest.doc.). What I want to acheive is when the files update on the device, it will sync up the files on my PC in the original location.  Do I need to configure differently or this feature is not provided by those sync up tools.  Please advise.  Thank you.

Friday, August 22, 2008 2:21 PM