Off Topic: cpvfeed virus RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

I have just found my computer has been infected with the cpvfeed virus - almost every website I open makes my anti-virus pop up a page blocking access to it with the link including the text "cpvfeed.com/cpv.jsp and I can't fine any articles on how to remove this. Can someone please advise on where to look to find a way to remove this virus please?

Thanks.

Friday, June 1, 2007 11:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• If you are using One Care you can contact support here - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1183038&SiteID=2

If you are using another antivirus product, use the support link on the vendor website for help.

Friday, June 1, 2007 1:42 PM
  • While I appreciate a reply to my post, what I really need is the solution for removing this virus, not how to contact someone else to get it. Surely someone knows the solution for removing it and can post it in a reply to my message?
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 6:35 AM
  • Please do call 866 727 2338
    that's Microsoft Security who would and could assist you with your existing
    virus / rootkit / malware /spyware concern
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 12:17 PM
  • Matt

If you are not using Windows OneCare you are off topic for this forum we are not a general virus/malware forum nor are we tech support. Look for help here www.microsoft.com/commenities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx I am going to mark this thread as off topic till we hear back from you

chuck 

Saturday, June 2, 2007 8:59 PM
  • I got rid of my "cpvfeed" popups by downloading a program called "Vundofix"

Boot into safe mode, run Vundofix.exe, reboot into normal Windows op.

If you have the program "Spybot", or another program that allows you to view startup files, you will see 2 ".dll" files called "mlljh.dll" and "ssqqnkh.dll"   These are associated with the Vundo virus/trojan and will be removed along with many others that you can't see when you run the Vundofix program.

Hope this works for everyone...

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 4:13 PM