Pricing for Microsoft Translator RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'd like to have more visibility on the different stages of the pricing.

If i opt for a 250k characters/month subscription, but finally i exceed this limit, what's happening?

Do i automatically go to the next stage, the 500k characters/month, and i'll be charged the corresponding amount?

Or is the translator stop running?

Furthermore, i see on Windows Azure Marketplace that the maximum is 1 billion characters/month. What if i need more?

What if i opt for this subscription, but i exceed 1 billion?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards

Mikaël

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Mikaël,

all subscription levels come with auto-renew. That means if you run out of capacity before the month is over, you will be automatically re-subscribed at the same level. Not higher or lower, the same level, and you are starting a new month at that time, which means you have a full month (same date next month) to use it up. You can control how often you allow the system to auto-renew for you.

To consume more than 1 billion characters per month, you can subscribe to 1 billion with auto-renew. Or you can write to translator at microsoft dot com to learn about other subscription options.

Let us know if this helps,
    Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Sunday, April 20, 2014 6:49 PM
  • Hi Orange County NY,

you can always see your current balance at https://datamarket.azure.com/account/datasets, no matter which subscription you have, including the free one.

In order to determine your consumption, check your credit every day, and extrapolate your run rate, as an average daily consumption. If you run out of the 2 million characters faster than the number of days you need to extrapolate, subscribe to 4 million characters with auto-renew. The auto-renew option allows you to limit the number of auto-renewals, so you can protect your credit card from unplanned overruns.

You may change or cancel the subscription anytime.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Mikaël,

all subscription levels come with auto-renew. That means if you run out of capacity before the month is over, you will be automatically re-subscribed at the same level. Not higher or lower, the same level, and you are starting a new month at that time, which means you have a full month (same date next month) to use it up. You can control how often you allow the system to auto-renew for you.

To consume more than 1 billion characters per month, you can subscribe to 1 billion with auto-renew. Or you can write to translator at microsoft dot com to learn about other subscription options.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Sunday, April 20, 2014 6:49 PM
  • Hi Chris

This is very cear. Thanks.

Mikaël

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:50 AM
  • Hi Chris,

From reading your answer above, when a subscription runs over its limit it automatically renews. 
    How does the auto renew work with the free subscription level?

Thank you,

Orange County NY

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 2:59 PM
  • Hi Orange County NY,

I should have said above, that all _paid_  subscriptions come with the option of auto-renew. The free subscription does not auto-renew, and is limited to 2 million characters per month.

If you are conducting academic research, you can ask us for a limited free subscription.

The use of the Bing Translator widget is free: www.bing.com/widget/translator.

Hope that helps,
    Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 3:35 PM
  • Thanks Chris.

We have the need to customize the translations on specific pages per mandate and are trying to gauge how many characters we might need.  Once the 2 million character limit is reached, are we notified?  Do translations stop until the next month?  How does that work with the free subscription?

Thanks again...

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 3:40 PM
  • Hi Orange County NY,

you can always see your current balance at https://datamarket.azure.com/account/datasets, no matter which subscription you have, including the free one.

In order to determine your consumption, check your credit every day, and extrapolate your run rate, as an average daily consumption. If you run out of the 2 million characters faster than the number of days you need to extrapolate, subscribe to 4 million characters with auto-renew. The auto-renew option allows you to limit the number of auto-renewals, so you can protect your credit card from unplanned overruns.

You may change or cancel the subscription anytime.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 3:52 PM