none
Sort by latest post/thread not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

May be its just me. I'm not able to sort forums by latest post/thread. It seems that last update timestamp for threads is not working. I mostly uses SharePoint forums and I see a lag of 24 hrs or more. Can anyone please advise or observing similar issues.

Thanks Mohit

• Edited by mohit.goyal Friday, December 18, 2015 5:06 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2015 5:05 AM

Answers

• All forums have had major problems over the last 24 hours at least, perhaps until just recently. No one has been able to see recent posts, except in the "My threads" view. The Engineering team has been working on the problem.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, December 18, 2015 9:22 AM

All replies

• There seem to be several related problems:

When displaying My Forums, some forums have a Most Recent Post notice and others don't.  The next time I log on, which forums have the notice and which don't are usually different.

If a notice is present, it is frequently wrong.  There are often two or three more recent responses to the specified thread.

When displaying threads in a forum sorted by most recent post, the last post information for many threads is frequently wrong and usually different from the corresponding notice in the My Forums display.

Friday, December 18, 2015 7:13 AM
  • Thanks Barry. Also number of replies in thread is frequently wrong. I can see 4-5 replies in thread marked as 0-1 replied. All of this started since last 24/36 hrs.

Thanks Mohit

• Edited by mohit.goyal Friday, December 18, 2015 7:18 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2015 7:17 AM
  • All forums have had major problems over the last 24 hours at least, perhaps until just recently. No one has been able to see recent posts, except in the "My threads" view. The Engineering team has been working on the problem.

Friday, December 18, 2015 9:22 AM
  • Thanks Richard for information.

Thanks Mohit

Friday, December 18, 2015 11:20 AM
  • The forums may be slowing improving. However, every view of this thread (looking at all TechNet forums, or just this forum, or "My forums threads" shows this post with no replies at all and no activity since the original question. It is also not listed in my profile activities. But this reply will be the 5th.

Edit: My last reply kicked the system. Now the thread shows in all views with the proper number of replies and the lasted datetime in the last reply. Also, this reply now shows in my profile, but my previous reply in this thread still do not show up. I fear it never will.

Friday, December 18, 2015 6:48 PM