1:N relationships RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have the following issue I have a custom entity Named   “Items” which has a field called “Name” . What I want to do is when I create an Task Type Activity from an existing Item record it should copy the Item Name to the Subject field in the Task Record . I tried to do this 1:N relationships (referential)  it doesn’t work. Can any one help 

Monday, May 28, 2012 11:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• have you changed the mappings and specified the fields you want to map

Ben Hosking
    Check out my CRM Blog
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Monday, May 28, 2012 11:31 AM
  • HI I know that my problem is I have done the following and it is not worknig

1) I have created a 1:N (referential) relation ship between Custom Entity and Task Entity

2) I have then Mapped the Filed “Name” on Custom Entity with the Subject field in the Task Entity 

But the Value doesn't come across  

Monday, May 28, 2012 11:47 AM
  • You can't create mappings between primary entities and activities in a 1:N relationship, so you'll need to use JavaScript or a plugin to achieve your requirement.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Monday, May 28, 2012 7:10 PM
  • Can you please help me with the Java Script Syntex .  I used the "Xrm.Page.data.entity.attributes.get" syntex on the TASK Entity  but it only retutrns the value of the Task Entity itself . What is the method to use to extract a field value from a Regarding entity.

Monday, May 28, 2012 11:05 PM