how to remove left nav items from crm form? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, how can I remove left nav items from the crm form?  For example, please see the following screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjt8vcr8ag520dz/crm_left_nav.png

Some users are complaining that:

My Work > Accounts
    My Work > Contacts

is redundant with:

Customers > Accounts
    Customers > Contacts

I'd like to take an approach where I remove the Customers left nav section entirely or hide it - as long as it's not visible to the users.  Do you know if this is possible or how to do this?

Friday, January 31, 2014 1:44 AM

Answers

• You can do it by sitemap editor .

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, January 31, 2014 5:22 AM
  • Hi

check the below link.. 

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/crmpowerobjects/archive/2012/02/17/modifying-microsoft-dynamics-crm-left-navigation-on-an-individual-record.aspx

Hope this helps..

Friday, January 31, 2014 6:40 AM
  • Where u want to do?

1. if u want to do from form navigation pane

go to customization -->open ur entity form --> select Navigation from ribbon grid --> and there u can remove add the components and rename the names also by click on changing properties.

2. if u want to do from Main navigation pane

there are different ways to do

I. connecting to sitemap editor (download sitemap editor tool from code plex and connect ur organization and edit what ever u want)

II. customizing the sitemap xml file manully( create a new solution in your CRM and click on add existing components and select sitemap). publish the customization and export to ur machine. extract the zip file and open customization.xml file in notepad. there u can edit ur sitemap as your wirh.

Thanks in Advance Siva

Friday, January 31, 2014 12:05 PM

All replies

• You can do it by sitemap editor .

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, January 31, 2014 5:22 AM
  • Hi

check the below link.. 

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/crmpowerobjects/archive/2012/02/17/modifying-microsoft-dynamics-crm-left-navigation-on-an-individual-record.aspx

Hope this helps..

Friday, January 31, 2014 6:40 AM
  • Where u want to do?

1. if u want to do from form navigation pane

go to customization -->open ur entity form --> select Navigation from ribbon grid --> and there u can remove add the components and rename the names also by click on changing properties.

2. if u want to do from Main navigation pane

there are different ways to do

I. connecting to sitemap editor (download sitemap editor tool from code plex and connect ur organization and edit what ever u want)

II. customizing the sitemap xml file manully( create a new solution in your CRM and click on add existing components and select sitemap). publish the customization and export to ur machine. extract the zip file and open customization.xml file in notepad. there u can edit ur sitemap as your wirh.

Thanks in Advance Siva

Friday, January 31, 2014 12:05 PM
  • Thanks for your feedback everyone!  I was able to delete the unwanted groups from the left nav section through the SiteMap Editor tool.  I have another request from the customer to collapse a group in one of the areas by default.  There doesn't appear to be a way to do this through the SiteMap Editor tool.  I also looked at the SiteMap xml file as well as the following related url without any additional clues:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334659.aspx

It seems like this would be a common client request for usability reasons.  Do you know if there's a standard way to accomplish this?  If not then have you been able to do this through a more custom (supported/unsupported) approach?

Thursday, February 6, 2014 9:38 PM