When set up the PC as hub-pc, the "Make this pc a hub-pc" option disappears in "Manage your OneCare circle" RRS feed

• Question

• Just installing version 2 as administrator made me (most likely) set the options "Make this pc a hub-pc" in the Manage your OneCare circle" section. But now, the next day, I realize this option has disappeared when accessing WLOC as administrator. Accessing WLOC from a restricted user account on the PC, shows the option is here available, but not being an administrator, you are not permitted to configure the option. Is it by design, that the "Make this pc a hub-pc" - option disappears when initially set (choosen) - and if you want go back, (not making the subject pc a hub-pc), how do you do that - I see no settings anywhere?

Anders

Monday, December 3, 2007 6:04 PM

Answers

• I would expect that you have to be an administrator to make the PC or a hub or to unmake it. In any event, the option to "demote" appears only when you expand the entry for that PC from that PC in the Manage Your Circle page.

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 8:01 PM

All replies

• I would expect that you have to be an administrator to make the PC or a hub or to unmake it. In any event, the option to "demote" appears only when you expand the entry for that PC from that PC in the Manage Your Circle page.

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 8:01 PM
  • Steve.

What you write is a bit confusing - could you please elaborate?

Anders

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 5:25 PM
  • Open OneCare on the hub PC. Click on Manage Your OneCare Circle. Then click on the PC name for the hub PC. The view will change to expand and provide the ability "stop being a hub" or some similar wording.

The other part is that I would expect that admin rights would be required to make these changes. So, a limited user should not be able to change settings, make a PC a hub, or stop a PC from being a hub. I would also expect that if a limited user was logged onto a PC that was made a hub previously, this might limit their ability to take actions when an alert appears about one of the monitored PCs.

-steve

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 7:00 PM