none
Become Moderator RRS feed

Answers

• Usually this requires involvement of the forum owner, if the owner is still around.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:22 PM
  • Typically, it's a good idea to just post to the forum explain that you want to become an "Answerer" in the forum, see if the forum owner responds. In the future we want to expose a button or something to simply ask to become a moderator or answerer in a forum, but that's probably not going to be available for a while.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:35 AM
    Answerer
  • Cyber_Defend_Team, 

You mention you are not here to argue but then mark people's opinions as abusive. I don't think that is so necessary. I'm not surprised people have different opinions about moderation and how to become one, and as I sort out how to improve the situation I for one welcome the debate.

I've tried to answer your question above. In addition to that, I will contact the forum owner for you about this. At this point, that is the best I can do. Hope this helps.

Saturday, March 13, 2010 3:27 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• If just by answering questions one could become a moderator there would be lots of moderators.

Remember too many cooks spoil the broth. If thats the criteria I too could be one ;)

Hope this helps !!
    Sudeep   |    My Blog
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 3:56 PM
  • Usually this requires involvement of the forum owner, if the owner is still around.

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:22 PM
  • I don't know who is the owner and I don't know how to find it.
    I know that Answer question is not something that expect to become moderator, What I mean here is in that forum I answerd many questions.
    Friday, February 12, 2010 8:25 AM
  • Typically, it's a good idea to just post to the forum explain that you want to become an "Answerer" in the forum, see if the forum owner responds. In the future we want to expose a button or something to simply ask to become a moderator or answerer in a forum, but that's probably not going to be available for a while.
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:35 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you for your response.
    However, I think there is no moderator there. As long as no Moderator message or answer has been response.
    I will try as you said but I guess no one is there to respone.(no moderator or owner)
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 11:03 AM
  • I posted that I'd like to be a Moderator or at least an Answerer in the T-SQL forum. In the last 6 months I answered many questions there. Hopefully I'll soon will be granted my request.
    Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 2:06 AM
  • Thank you for possitive reply from some of users in this forum.
    I post this to just ask a question and I expected Microsoft answer me question that how to become moderator as Brent answered part of my question.
    I am not here to argue with other users that our saying you are looking for power or something like this.

Moderator of this forum please remove arguments that their replies are useless.
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 3:31 AM
  • Moderator of this forum please remove arguments that their replies are useless.

hi ,

that particular line will not go down positive with some , ... it shows that you are not ready for it from an objective view point (!!)

have a nice day
    Scan with OneCare + 50 Windows 7even Tips + Plagued by the Privacy Center? REMOVE IT + Threat Research & Response Blog + Sysinternals Live tools + TRANSLATOR+ Photosynth + Microsoft Security + Microsoft SUPPORT + PIVOT from Live Labs + Microsoft Live Labs + Office 2010 beta + Get Windows LIVE!

• hi ,

that particular line will not go down positive with some , ... it shows that you are not ready for it from an objective view point (!!)

have a nice day
    Scan with OneCare + 50 Windows 7even Tips + Plagued by the Privacy Center? REMOVE IT + Threat Research & Response Blog + Sysinternals Live tools + TRANSLATOR+ Photosynth + Microsoft Security + Microsoft SUPPORT + PIVOT from Live Labs + Microsoft Live Labs + Office 2010 beta + Get Windows LIVE!I am saying this because I just ask question and I got answer and many other people might have same question and read this forum. I would not want to fill here with argument with other user about reply that it does not matter number of question that will answerd.

I get my answer and thats it.

Monday, February 15, 2010 12:37 PM
  • Hi

Generally I have a lot of respect for moderators who post as I come to these WHS forums to attempt to understand what has gone wrong with my home server/software and most importantly how to resolve. I received responses from a couple of moderators to threads posted and then when I posted detailed info - silence ensued. I then directed my reply for the specific attention of two named moderators who previously answered and this seemed to create a negative reaction with one and further slience from the other. For the moderator who replied I found his response too personalised, off message and not in keeping with the forum. In retrospect my impression is that this moderator did not appreciate being specifically asked to respond - some people like just to look good by picking the topics they choose to answer, some post a lot, however moderators who are willing and able to tackle detailed questions appear to be a bit thin on the ground. My latest thread posted yesterday regarding how to access the SYS partitioned drive containing the WHS folders seemed to me to be a question regarding the basic functionality of WHS. I also asked regarding an add/remove program function as standard as in other windows systems or whether a WHS add-in of some type was required. So far no response and raises the question as to the timliness and effectiveness of this forum. Is there a forum arrangement/agreement that at least one moderator should respond to each and every thread posted within 24 hours? If there are not enough moderators to meet such a timeframe then why not increase the number of useful moderators? As no-one is getting paid - only the Kudos of assisting a Microsoft related forum, there should be a long queue of qualified individuals seeking to become moderators. Also regarding the number of times a thread is viewed, I notice my last thread posted approximately 12 hours ago has been viewed 58 times (a number of views are my own - hoping for a response) since yesterday with no response. I recommend that this view function is refined to split out views by moderators to understand who is reviewing posted threads and more importantly are the moderators then answering of avoiding to answer. How many moderators are there available today and how many are currently away visiting Microsoft? Will I even receive a reply to this post?

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:07 PM
  • Moderators may not have the time or expertise when you need. Posting from airplane.

Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:15 PM
  • Moderators need to have the time and expertise when asked for thru forum postings- otherwise why become a forum moderator? If you are posting from an airplane by some chance are you also on the way to the microsoft get-together? 
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:27 PM
  • Yes, I am attending the Microsoft MVP Summit. No, forums do not work like support department. Your question compete not only with other questions that may demand less time (remember every post is equal and not all questions can be answered in a short time) and match the visitor's interest (has this.been asked before? Or is the post on topic), but also other events such as the flight attendant asking me to shutfown.

Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:13 PM
  • By definition every post should be equal but the reality is that some posts receive more attention than others and some no responses at all. For example here is my post from yesterday that has had 83 views but no responses from a moderator. Please clarify how the system will work to respond to this particular thread. I was very impressed that you answered whilst flying - however does that mean there you were the only moderator available? 

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whssoftware/thread/f8538728-f34b-41f6-bcfa-e081c14b36bc
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:34 AM
  • that's the nature of competition, forums do not work on first come first serve basis. Nobody can predict visitors' expertise and interest, and the order and standard they choose to answer questions. Make your best effort to ask question in a smart way, which helps you to draw interest, and hope for the rest. If you want to rely on something more reliable, sign a support contract so you can say "you should respond in 2 business days, it is in the contract!". 

I am not a moderator in the particular area you need help with.

Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 2:44 PM

Thank you for your reply, I have been posted for a while but no response. I think there is no one there to response as long as there are several unanswered questions there. There is no Forum owner there to response, what should I do?
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:07 PM

Thank you for your reply, I have been posted for a while but no response. I think there is no one there to response as long as there are several unanswered questions there. There is no Forum owner there to response, what should I do?

hi ,

patience , it does not mean that you dont see them they are not there , .... they need time , right now they are stretched to the limit and have other more important things to attent .

have a nice day
    Scan with OneCare + 50 Windows 7even Tips + Plagued by the Privacy Center? REMOVE IT + Threat Research & Response Blog + Sysinternals Live tools + TRANSLATOR+ Photosynth + Microsoft Security + Microsoft SUPPORT + PIVOT from Live Labs + Microsoft Live Labs + Office 2010 beta + Get Windows LIVE!
  • Typically, it's a good idea to just post to the forum explain that you want to become an "Answerer" in the forum,
    What is an "Answerer"? What's the sense of this?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:34 PM
  • Just update that that forum is still unmonitor and people posted some link to hacker website that reported as abuse and no one reply answer , therefore we need moderator there.
    Friday, March 12, 2010 12:44 PM
  • BTW, I still would like to become a moderator in T-SQL forum and I believe I deserved it based on my contributions to this forum.

Could something be done in this respect?

Thanks in advance.
    Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Friday, March 12, 2010 1:04 PM
  • Cyber_Defend_Team, 

You mention you are not here to argue but then mark people's opinions as abusive. I don't think that is so necessary. I'm not surprised people have different opinions about moderation and how to become one, and as I sort out how to improve the situation I for one welcome the debate.

I've tried to answer your question above. In addition to that, I will contact the forum owner for you about this. At this point, that is the best I can do. Hope this helps.

Saturday, March 13, 2010 3:27 AM
    Answerer