none
NNTP Bridge for Droid Incredible HTC RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, I am using a Droid for most of the things I was using my laptop for with Windows Vista using Windows Mail and Thunderbird to access the MS forums using the NNTP Bridge. There is a Usenet reader for the Drioid called Groundhog that I can use to access newsgroups. I have to say that the Droid is fabulous. Since I was able to install Bing for the Androids on the phone and use Bing, I am thinking why can't I do the same thing with some type of NNTP Bridge application for the Android? I used the browser on the Droid to get to the MS fourms only to find out that I cannot make a post or reply to a post due to the forum website not being Android friendly.  

Look, more and more professionals, I am a .Net programmer contractor, are starting to use the smartphones instead of dragging a laptop around while on the road for day-2-day business with an office and other services that a smartphone provides. I think a NNTP bridge for smartphones should be developed by MS. I am also going to suggest that MS also make its Web sites smartphone friendly.

Duane

Sunday, September 19, 2010 2:36 AM

Answers

• I guess that depends on the browser you are using. My forum experience in the stock browser of tmobile g2 is comparable to desktop browsers. -

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 10:50 PM