WinXP: PC hosed by Windows Genuine Advantage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

WGA popped up and I hit the cancel button and ever since I'm having trouble doing anything with the PC.  I'm unable to open documents using MS Office or via explorer furthermore the PC is now extremely slow.

I have a genuine copy of XP installed from an expired MSDN Subscription that I purchased several years ago.

At the moment I am having to power off the machine because I simply can not do anything with it and I need to get to some business documents.

Any suggestions would be welcome to a) get to use the machine so that I can genuinely validate my pukka copy b) ensure that normal performance is restored. 

By the way this has happened since 17th April 2009.

Cheers
    Monday, April 20, 2009 6:55 PM

Answers

• Hello BazRG9,

You will need to contact MSDN about the problem you are experiencing regarding Windows XP.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, April 20, 2009 7:48 PM
    Monday, April 20, 2009 7:47 PM