Feedback RRS feed

• General discussion

• Glad to see the updates to the site.  It seems that you are now maintaining the state of my.live.com between browser sessions.  I have more than one tab and when I go the second tab and the close the browser, the next time I return to the site it goes to the second tab.  Personally, I don't like this behavior.  Always take me to my first tab.

I would like to see more improvements on the mobile version.  I have made this request multiple times over the year(s), but I really want the ability to get to my second, and third and fourth, and fifth tabs from my phone.  I have maxed out the feeds on my first tab otherwise I would put them all there.

When the mobile site was down for a while I started using bloglines and one of the things I really liked was that they tracked what you had read, so you could always view unread items and quickly blow through feeds.  On my.live.com I have to spend more time trying to figure out what is new.  If you could show me what I haven't read or what was new in the last 1,2,3 hours I would love that. 
    Kevin Bartholomae
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 4:28 AM

All replies

• I'd prefer it remember the tab I was last on - I think it's a great addition and feature which is quite useful for me.
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:07 AM
  • I prefer it not saving session states also. My first tab is utilities I want to see first, while feeds are arranged in the following tabs. So, first time I prefer seeing the gadgets in first page.

About saving state, is the feed reader in my.live.com server-side, or is it just client-side (using AJAX to request and parse the feed). If it's client-side, could it save status of unread items ?
    • Edited by nSeika Thursday, August 14, 2008 11:13 AM correcting wordings
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 11:13 AM
  • Wait... the remembering the active tab is a feature? I thought it was a bug, combined with Firefox 3 or something...

Please make this configurable, I always want my home page (I dubbed it '~', as the home-folder in Linux) to come first.
    Friday, August 15, 2008 12:09 AM
  • +1 for option to show some sort mark next to unread items in the feeds (for either mobile or normal)  i have, clicking on 'more' wll give me dates the articles where last updated but this can be tedious too, i have way too many feeds to this and i know some do update occasionally...so would be nice to glance at a page of a dozen feeds and see marker or gleams next to the unread stuff.  this needs to pc independant, so no matter which pc i am at either home or work what's unread is the same.
    Friday, August 15, 2008 2:54 PM
  • nSeika - that would be great.  Bloglines does a good job of this, I think they store all the data so they can do this a little easier though.  This also causes them to be a little delayed in showing new feeds which is not good.  I was able to consume over 100 RSS feeds a day on bloglines because of this feature, where as on my.live.com I can only consume about 30 because of the time it takes to scan the page looking for new feeds.
    Kevin Bartholomae
    Friday, August 15, 2008 6:07 PM