none
Cannot add or edit previous questions here- get a blank box RRS feed

Answers

• This behavior is probably browser dependent.  One thing to try is to open the thread in a new window, rather than by using the 'down arrow' to the left of the title to open it in the same window.  I find that this approach tends to eliminate pesky transcient problems in accessing thread items for Replys and Edits.

Another approach is to reload the Forum window immediately before you try to edit an entry.  It appears to me that the fact of a pending new post can cause indexing problems in trying to access some of the more complicated functions in the forums.

Finally, there is, I believe, a special forum for posting such problem reports, though at the moment I can't remember its name/location.  Bug reports posted in that forum get more attention than they do here - though it's fine that you posted here, as well.

Tom Lavedas

Monday, February 18, 2013 2:22 PM

All replies

• This behavior is probably browser dependent.  One thing to try is to open the thread in a new window, rather than by using the 'down arrow' to the left of the title to open it in the same window.  I find that this approach tends to eliminate pesky transcient problems in accessing thread items for Replys and Edits.

Another approach is to reload the Forum window immediately before you try to edit an entry.  It appears to me that the fact of a pending new post can cause indexing problems in trying to access some of the more complicated functions in the forums.

Finally, there is, I believe, a special forum for posting such problem reports, though at the moment I can't remember its name/location.  Bug reports posted in that forum get more attention than they do here - though it's fine that you posted here, as well.

Tom Lavedas

Monday, February 18, 2013 2:22 PM
  • Also, it sometimes helps to shut down and restart your browser. I'll move this thread to a better forum.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, February 18, 2013 3:09 PM