locked
Performance Issue after Upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    With 3 different customers I have seen performance issues, that is hard to understand.

    For some clients the performance is as expected; while for others it is really poor.

    This client has upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0. With 3.0 the performance was fine. After upgrading to 4.0 we have moved the app to a new server (2008 server).

    When running the diagnostic tool we get warning on conectivity:
     <Title>Verifying network connection quality.</Title> 
      <Status>Warning</Status>

    The bad performance is with both Web and Outlook.

    The server has a dedicated IP address, the spec is excellent.

    Anyone with a good structured approach to begin to analyse on this?

    Txs.

    Morten


     

    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:16 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    Finally we got to the end of this; it was an IIS issue, writing this just to share the solution.

    1.       Verified that NETWORK SERVICE is member of IIS_IUSRS local Group.

    2.       Set Anonymous Authentication on folder _imgs in Microsoft dynamics CRM Website.

    3.       Restarted Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service

    4.       Reset IIS (iisreset /noforce)

    5.       Checked Event Log.

    ...... and that solved the issue.

    Morten

    Monday, April 20, 2009 1:09 PM

All replies

  •  Have you read Microsoft's new white paper on Dynamics CRM v4.0 and fine tuning for performance? Also when you upgraded did you confirm that the INSTALL.LOG contained NO errors?

    If errors a REINSTALL is not really a full reinstall so if you ran a reinstall you want to circle back.

    Check this out
    http://www.crmlady.com/2009/02/tackling-performance.html

    Anne
    Friday, March 27, 2009 6:35 PM
  • Hi,

    Thanks for your reply Anne. I got the same papers from Convergence 2008 in Copenhagen, very good stuff.

    My problem is that I see that there is a huge difference in performance for individual users. They have identical machines and environment, but it seems that one find the CRM always, while the other one is more on and off.

    We have adjusted registry settings on the client, so once it works it is really fast.

    We gut feeling is that it has something to do about 2008 server, and that we have moved to a new server.

    I'm also concerned that the crm server has re-booted several times; without reason ....

    So, my question is more to get some feedback on a structured approach to this situation.

    Do you have any idea where to start, or experience from similar situations?

    Morten
    Friday, March 27, 2009 7:14 PM
  • I encourage you to check the Folder size in the Outlook Mail folders and look for any Sync issues with Exchange.  Large ost files impact performance and user experience.

    I had one user whose Sync Issue folder was approximately 65 mgs.  I cleared the Sync Issue folder and his Outlook began perfoming as expected.  I configured his Outlook Archive to better manage his folder size and he no longer has performance issues. 

    Also, install Update Rollup 3 on the Server, Router, Client machines, etc. as it contains performance improvement fixes.


    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, April 2, 2009 8:58 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Morten Dybdahl Monday, April 20, 2009 1:09 PM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:22 PM
  • Hi Donna,

    Good advice, txs. I'll check it.

    I vistited a client today that had Outlook issues, but after installing Rollup 3, it solved lots of the problems; ... so there's some hope there.

    I'll let you know how it turns out.

    Morten
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:40 PM
  • Hi,

    Finally we got to the end of this; it was an IIS issue, writing this just to share the solution.

    1.       Verified that NETWORK SERVICE is member of IIS_IUSRS local Group.

    2.       Set Anonymous Authentication on folder _imgs in Microsoft dynamics CRM Website.

    3.       Restarted Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service

    4.       Reset IIS (iisreset /noforce)

    5.       Checked Event Log.

    ...... and that solved the issue.

    Morten

    Monday, April 20, 2009 1:09 PM