WHS Losing Connection RRS feed

• Question

• I am running a MediaSmart WHS through a Linksys router.  I have been using the system this way for a few years with no problems.  A few weeks ago I noticed the green console icon had turned to gray and I was not able to access the server from any machine on the network.  If I reboot it will work fine for a few hours then goes back to gray.  I have followed the directions on checking the recovery code only to get the 1 blue/4 red (Recovery Mode Failed) message.  I have two desktops connected they are both running XP.  There has been no changes to the system by way of installations or configurations except that I recently changed from a dynamic to a static IP.  Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated...
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 1:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

did you upgrade the memory in the MediaSmart to 2 TB? Doing such I got similar symptoms, but only all few weeks. Maybe minor incompatibilities with 2 GB and other hardware components.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:56 AM
  • Did you solve this? I've got exactly the same issue, it started about a week ago. I haven't done any changes to the system for a few weeks so it shouldn't be related to something like that. I couldn't find anything in the eventlogs in WHS pointing to any kind of issue so I'm not sure what to think at this point.

When I reboot it can take anything from 1 hour to 3 days before it stops responding and it's quite annoying.

Monday, August 1, 2011 6:36 PM