Virtual directory in cassini to run Outlook in offline mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have some custom pages developed for CRM4 in a virtual directory of IIS, when i want to make this pages available offline, i copy the whole directory to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\res\web\<Virtual directory name>.

But when i execute the page offline a get the following error:

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 89:            by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
    Line 90:     -->
    Line 91:         <authentication mode="Windows"/>
    Line 92:         <identity impersonate="true" />
    Line 93:         <!--  AUTHORIZATION

Is there any way to a Virtual Directory in cassini so that there were no conflicts with the web.config file of the custom pages?
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 4:57 PM

Answers

• I think you can have a web.config in your virtual directory, but there are some entries that are not allowed, such as the authentication element

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:10 PM

All replies

• I think you can have a web.config in your virtual directory, but there are some entries that are not allowed, such as the authentication element

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:10 PM
  • My problem is that haven't any virtual directory, i leave my custom pages in the cassini web folder.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:19 AM
  • Hi,

I think that what David is saying is that you cannot have certain elements in the directory where you deployed your solution, independently of if it is a virtual directory or just a subdir bellow the CRM website.

Gustaf

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:44 AM
  • Ok, i see so i'm going to reformulate my question. What should i do to make work my custom aspx pages in outlook when it is offline?

Thanks for your answers.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:52 AM
  •  

Would it be possible to remove web.config? Perhaps you can have settings stored in other locations?

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:06 AM
  • Finally to make it work, i deleted some lines from the web.config as suggested and i copied the dll to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\res\web\bin

Thanks for the help.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:24 PM