none
Keyboard problems in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Not certain where to ask questions.

I have recently lost use of my keyboard on both my PC and laptop.  The problem started with my PC using a Microsoft 5000 wireless keyboard and mouse.  After power-up, I can use the keyboard to sign in, but once the main screen comes up, the keyboard no longer functions.  The same thing happens with a hard wired keyboard, and the same thing has now happened to my laptop using 5000 wireless mouse.

The wireless mouse continues to work properly, I am typing this message with the on screen keboard.

I have tried uninstalling the 5000 and reinstalling with the latest drivers right from Microsoft, no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Roger Beno, 

Sunday, November 22, 2015 5:51 PM

All replies

• Leave HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard alone and try [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response] instead. Try the following settings which activate so-called filter keys:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response]
    "AutoRepeatDelay"="200"
    "AutoRepeatRate"="6"
    "DelayBeforeAcceptance"="0"
    "Flags"="59"

Flags has to be 59, other values are in ms. Needs logout or restart to activate. Experiment as you wish, though I found AutoRepeatDelay less than 200 generating unneeded repeats. I tested XP Home and Prof, as well as Windows 7 64 bit, and it worked excellently.

Original values, just in case of trouble, are:

"AutoRepeatDelay"="1000" "AutoRepeatRate"="500" "DelayBeforeAcceptance"="1000" "Flags"="126"

It worked for me in a instant, so let me know

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:21 AM