CRM 4 Outlook client on Windows 7 beta RRS feed

• Question

• I have been unable to get CRM 4 Outlook client to run in Windows 7 beta.  The install fails right away with an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_ VIOLATION.  It never continues and no amunt of tweaking on compatability works.
    I tried upgrading a Vista install that already had CRM4 installed and it upgraded OK but CRM Web Host crashes right away on login.

Anybody else trying this?

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 3:35 AM

Answers

•  

I have had some issues with Office in general working on the Windows 7 beta--I think we're still to far away from the RTM, and it really hasn't been tested thoroughly yet.
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:40 PM
    Monday, January 26, 2009 3:45 AM

All replies

•  

I have had some issues with Office in general working on the Windows 7 beta--I think we're still to far away from the RTM, and it really hasn't been tested thoroughly yet.
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:40 PM
    Monday, January 26, 2009 3:45 AM
  • Don't forget that at the moment, the CRM team has stated "Don't use IE8 with CRM 4.0".  They don't work properly together yet.  So even if you get the client installed, there will be other issues. 

From my experience, building workflows in IE8 doesn't work.  They break and don't actually pull dynamic values.
    Monday, January 26, 2009 3:18 PM

• From my experience, building workflows in IE8 doesn't work.  They break and don't actually pull dynamic values.

I am currently using IE 8 RTM and have noticed the exact problem (it will not pull dynamic values).  I thought IE 8 was more than compatible with CRM 4.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:07 PM
  • Contact John Straumann
    mscrmguy.blogspot.com
    He manged to get CRM 4 running on windows 7
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:51 PM