Meet invite using OWA RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to join a meeting using the link "join a meeting" through my OWA and when tha ie opens it shows a blank page. If I click the link through outlook it works.  Does anyone knows if I have to do some configuration in IIS or other??

tks.

Friday, April 27, 2007 2:36 PM

Answers

• sorry.. I can't... the machine is in another city and I don't know when I will return there to make tests.. is not a critical problem but I thought that I could done something wrong or it could have some special configuration for this... But, thanks for your help... If I could come back there, I will try the trace like you said and I will post the result here ok?

Tks again!

Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:36 PM

All replies

• Obviously, this shouldn't be happening. I know that we have tried this multiple times (i.e., joining by clicking a link in OWA), and have never seen this behaviour.

What are your IE security settings like?

Monday, May 7, 2007 9:08 PM
  • There should be no changes you have to make to get this to work.  I would first check to see if you can right click and open in a different window.  Then I would take a netmon trace while trying to connect to see what is failing.  You can post the capture and I will take a look at it.

Louis

Monday, May 7, 2007 11:23 PM
  •  Louis,

I can open in a different window, but still openning a blank page. The client machine is a win XP and IE 6.0. My security settings are default, I didn't change nothing on it.

Tks.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 12:28 PM
  • Is it possible for you to take a Ethereal of netmon trace while trying to open the page?

Louis

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 11:51 PM
  • sorry.. I can't... the machine is in another city and I don't know when I will return there to make tests.. is not a critical problem but I thought that I could done something wrong or it could have some special configuration for this... But, thanks for your help... If I could come back there, I will try the trace like you said and I will post the result here ok?

Tks again!

Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:36 PM
  • I just got some information stating this is a known issue. Exchange strips out the href in the meet: link. The workaround is to use the trouleshooting section to enter meeting id, entry code, etc.
    This is fixed in Exchange 2007.

Louis H

Friday, May 18, 2007 5:49 PM
  • I know that we have tried this both against Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007, and have had it working in the product group. So, I still suspect something unique about this client's config.

As you suggested, getting Netmon captures could help debug this further.

Saturday, May 19, 2007 8:56 PM