Shared folder not in Home Consol RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I had created a shared folder called installs. But I can't remember if I made in in the WHS consol or if I was remoted into the server. The point is that now the folder is not in the consol nor in the D:/ shares folder on the server. However it does still show as a networked share in the Shared folders of the server. It allows me to store files there, delete files etc. However I can not remove the folder itself because it does not appear on the server.  Any thoughts on how I can delete this folder?
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 5:06 AM

All replies

• Only folders you create through the console will show up on the places you mention.
    Creating shared folders manually on the server through the facilities of disk management or net share command is not supported and will not use the WHS specific benefits, like using storage on all drives, allowing remote access or adjusting permissions through the console.
    You can remove such shares only with the same method as you created it, i.e.
    login to your server locally
    open a cmd prompt
    type net share yoursharename /delete
    delete the folder manually after moving the still needed data out to a proper place through the shortcut Shared folders on server.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 11:18 PM