Streaming Not Workin RRS feed

• Question

• I have streaming enabled on my WHS for Photos Music and Videos.  On my Laptop (running Windows 7 Ultimate) when I open Windows Media Player I don't see the "stuff" I have stored in the shared folders on my WHS.  I'm not looking to import this stuff onto my laptop, I want to access it across the network (thus streaming).  I have the WHS Connector PP1 installed on my laptop but can't shake the feeling that I'm missing something else.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

MJ
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 4:41 PM

Answers

• I have streaming enabled on my WHS for Photos Music and Videos.  On my Laptop (running Windows 7 Ultimate) when I open Windows Media Player I don't see the "stuff" I have stored in the shared folders on my WHS.  I'm not looking to import this stuff onto my laptop, I want to access it across the network (thus streaming).  I have the WHS Connector PP1 installed on my laptop but can't shake the feeling that I'm missing something else.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

MJ
    First off, if you're only on Power Pack 1, you're way behind.  :)  What are the component numbers in the Console (Settings button, Resources tab)?

In any event, did you add those locations to your libraries?
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 6:54 PM