none
WordPress blog - publicize blog entry to MSN Messenger functionality dropped?

Question

• Approx September 2010 Windows Live Blogs were migrate over to WordPress and there was the option when posting a blog entry for your MSN Messenger contacts to be notified in the Social highlights of the post.  In the last few weeks this functionality seems to have been withdrawn.  WordPress have been vague on the reason stating:

For the Publicize features to work, each social network must provide tools allowing you to publish automatically from an external service such as WordPress.com.

If one of these social networks does not support or allow WordPress.com to publish updates, our only choice is to remove it from our list of Publicize options.

I am sorry we had to lose this Publicize option, but I am afraid we will not be able to activate it back on WordPress.com.

Sorry for the inconvenience.”

Anyone from Microsoft able to comment / explain why this has been withdrawn?  I’m left now potentially having to migrate from MSN Messenger to one of following five other social networking sites, which I really don’t want to do!

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 11:49 AM