CRM 3.0 to 4.0 Upgrade tips links advice etc.? RRS feed

• Question

• I've read as much as I can and frankly i'm just mush in the head with all the official documentation.

Can anyone  give me some brief tips tricks links to the upgrade?
    And i'm really lost on the email router!!!!!

We will be moving the router to the crm server  as it has the most free resources.  Which type do i need?  We have exchange.  Do I need e-mail forwarding?  we track in and out?

What is the best method for upgrading our remote users that go offline?

Thanks in advance,
    Withers
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 10:41 PM

Answers

• With regard to the server upgrade, following the implementation guide. 

Suggestions in response to your questions:

We will be moving the router to the crm server  as it has the most free resources.  Which type do i need?  We have exchange.  Do I need e-mail forwarding?  we track in and out?

The recommended approach for ease of management is to setup the e-mail router using a forward mailbox since you have exchange.  This means that your incoming profiles will be the forward mailbox and outgoing will be the e-mail router.

You will want to completely uninstall the CRM 3 Outlook Client and Install the CRM 4 Outlook Client.
    Friday, November 7, 2008 12:08 PM

All replies

• With regard to the server upgrade, following the implementation guide. 

Suggestions in response to your questions:

The recommended approach for ease of management is to setup the e-mail router using a forward mailbox since you have exchange.  This means that your incoming profiles will be the forward mailbox and outgoing will be the e-mail router.

You will want to completely uninstall the CRM 3 Outlook Client and Install the CRM 4 Outlook Client.
    Friday, November 7, 2008 12:08 PM
  • Thank You ma`am!!!

i r the target market for "...for Dummies" series
    Withers
    Friday, November 7, 2008 4:25 PM
  • You're welcome and good luck with your upgrade!

Friday, November 7, 2008 4:26 PM