CRM 4: Email in workflow - problem with address fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have 2 CRM installations (Production and another test/learn). When I'm creating new workflow and adding a step for sending email, on demo server everything is fine. But trying to do the same in production, I have address fields (To/Form/CC/BCC) disabled - grayed out, and obviously I can't set any value for them. I tried few workflows for diffirent objects - no matter - I can't set address fields.
    It's also the same when I do new email for a lead or contact - From/To are set correctly automatically, but all those address fields are disabled.

I compared between installations Email object form and fields (To/Form/CC/BCC) difinitions, and I can't see any difference. Fields are not locked or disabled on form.

Does anyone have an idea why address fields are disabled?

Production CRM is working for a few years and was upgraded from 3.0. I don't know does this issue was also before upgrade, I start to work with it after upgrade. Could it be some low-level security issue? I have an administration access but also for salesperson email for lead has address fields disabled.
    Test installation is very new, just 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for help

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:08 AM

Answers

• You will see fields grayed out in workflow or bulk edit if there is form level javascript that references these fields, or if they are read only on the form.  Check the On Load for the email form.
    Monday, April 27, 2009 1:45 AM