DVD-CD Drive stopped RRS feed

• Question

• Have new Quad CPU, not 24 hours old. Loading software for hardward and the ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P ATA device stopped working.  Checked for driver problems and the check came back as having the correct driver installed but the drive will not work now. I did the requisit send of info to MS-nothing came of it. Any ideas? I'm not laughing-I'm near tears with frustration.

Saturday, December 29, 2007 7:23 PM

Answers

•  

Hello Country Liv,

These forums are for the support of Windows Genuine Advantage Validation issues. You post does not appear to be related to WGA and such is off-topic (as well as outside my area of knowledge)

I highly suggest contacting the makers of the computer (or if you built the computer yourself, contact the maker of the DVD-CD Drive) for assistance. It could be a hardware malfuction or a problem with the drivers. Either way neither the Divers nor the Hardware were built by Microsoft and unless the problem is within the OS itself, there is very little Microsoft can do to resolve the issue.

Very sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 1:11 AM

All replies

•  

Hello Country Liv,

These forums are for the support of Windows Genuine Advantage Validation issues. You post does not appear to be related to WGA and such is off-topic (as well as outside my area of knowledge)

I highly suggest contacting the makers of the computer (or if you built the computer yourself, contact the maker of the DVD-CD Drive) for assistance. It could be a hardware malfuction or a problem with the drivers. Either way neither the Divers nor the Hardware were built by Microsoft and unless the problem is within the OS itself, there is very little Microsoft can do to resolve the issue.

Very sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 1:11 AM
  • I have a similar problem with the same ATAPI device under Vista. The difference is that it functioned well for two weeks (new computer), then suddenly "disappeared" from the Explorer screen. BIOS says it's there; the device manager says the drivers are OK, only it no longer has a location.

As I'm having a lot of teething problems with Vista and the computer, I can't be sure that it is NOT a Vista / OS problem.

So can you give a link to a Windows service that might be able to help or give more insight?

Thanks

jeby

Friday, January 11, 2008 11:56 PM
  • I surly can.

http://support.microsoft.com 

Darin
    Saturday, January 12, 2008 12:43 AM
  • dvd stopped working after update and was replaced by shop but now vista only recognises it as a player and wont write dvd,s or cd,s

Saturday, March 8, 2008 4:31 PM
  • Besides updating Vista, I had also installed Nero 7 Essentials (bundled with the new computer) a few days earlier, though not used it. I wondered whether it could also be the culprit, especially when it only uninstalled incompletely and took the CD/DVD's place in Windows Explorer.

The computer shop suggested reinstalling Vista. However, I've got too much work engaged with it at present, so have prefered to sacrifice use of the CD/DVD until I've got three days quiet...

jeby

Sunday, March 9, 2008 12:36 AM
  • Hi,

i saw your post was from dec. 2007 did you found a solution now for this problem?

We bought also a pc with the atapi dvd a dh20a4p ata device four weeks ago. Now suddenly the dvd rw doesn't work anymore, it also says we have the right drivers for the dvd rw and the pc can't tell where the problem is.

It does tell us that the dvd rw is installed, but it just doesn't work.

So has anyone found a solution that can help at home to do it yourself or do i really need to go to the shop where i bought the pc to help us?

Please awnser me as quick as you can at manu_grrr@hotmail.com

Thanks anyway

from Holland

Manuela Groenewold

Sunday, March 16, 2008 12:50 PM
  • Hi!
    I had the same problem with tapi dvd a dh20a4p ata device, and after a few hours of seeking I found the solution.
    It's all about burning soft. The clone CD / Clone DVD / AnyDVD installed on Vista made your DVD doesn't work. I've Uninstalled them and then the problem dissapeared.

from Poland,
    Chris.
    Sunday, March 30, 2008 12:47 PM
  • i changed legect os settings in bois to on and now my cdc dvd wr works

Sunday, March 30, 2008 1:59 PM
  • ive changed legacy o/s setting in my bois to on and it works

Sunday, March 30, 2008 2:00 PM