Failover strategy for failure of async service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a lot of workflows and workflow activities as part of my project. If the async service is down for a while or for a day, none of the workflows run. Eve when the async service is back up, those actions are not queued and executed. Is there a way to not suspend operations in the case of such a filure? Thanks

Friday, February 3, 2012 11:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Glora,

The workflows will enter the waiting state, and will be executed when the Async service comes back up.

If you stop the async service, the workflow stays as waiting for resources, when you bring it back, the async service will check the database for any pending workflows and will start them, and the workflows will automatically change to in progress until completion.

This is a standard behaviour for both CRM 4 & CRM 2011

You may have a different issue that causes the workflows not to queue.

Regards

Nuno

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 12:59 PM
    Answerer
  • hmm.. thanks. Let me check.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 5:16 PM
  • For CRM 4.0, I would also set the ASync Service to "Restart Always" in its failure behavior.  Also, for particularly loaded servers, I would reset it every night (well, make an scheduled app that would). The CRM 4.0 async service was a bit flaky, so those two things helped a lot.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:59 PM