Help Needed RRS feed

• Question

• when installing beta version 2 i have now got two computer icons the same but ones got the letters OC on the end  and this is in the network sharing section on vista ultimate, now is there a way i can get rid of it so i only got the one and not two or disable the one care circle thing i think its called anyone please help as its a pain . 

Monday, October 15, 2007 2:13 AM

Answers

• You can't get rid of the extra items in the Vista Network and Sharing center as these are created for Printer Sharing by OneCare 2.0 - even if you are not using Printer Sharing.

-steve

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 12:00 AM

All replies

• You can't get rid of the extra items in the Vista Network and Sharing center as these are created for Printer Sharing by OneCare 2.0 - even if you are not using Printer Sharing.

-steve

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 12:00 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, so the extra icon will only show up for the ones that have got a usb or parelle printer conected to there pc is that correct, for example if you have two computers with printers conected to them in your network it will only double up on those two and thats it.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 12:12 AM
  • See this thread for a continuation of this discussion - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2245134&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 4:57 PM