none
how to use io control to control the sora hardware via software

Question

• I'm trying to develop a software like HwVeri.exe , with which I can use the software to set the parameter of the hardware directly and immediately.  We had accomplished it using io control in kernal mode. But now we don't know how to achieve it in user mode.

How can I do that? Thanks!

Sunday, May 04, 2014 3:41 AM

All replies

• Hi orson1992,

You can configure and monitor the hardware by UMX API. Please refer Sora manual for details.

The Device IO Control interface of HwTest driver is undocumented and for internal usage only. We recommend you not use IO Control directly.

Thanks, -Qi

• Proposed as answer by Qi LuoEditor Sunday, May 04, 2014 6:10 AM
    Sunday, May 04, 2014 6:10 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you for your answers. But Using UMX API can only set and adjust the central frequency,  txgain and rxgain. what should I do if I want to collect the SNR,

FER, FLR, signal power, noise power and other parameters. Are there such kind of APIs?

Thanks a lot again.

Sunday, May 04, 2014 6:40 AM
  • Sora hardware only provides data path for zero-intermediate-frequency samples, and it has no knowledge of the samples itself. So if you need SNR, etc, you should do the signal processing yourself and measure it on the fly.
    Sunday, May 04, 2014 7:29 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you for your answer,I have another question. HwVeri.exe can set central frequency,txgain and rxgain. Can you discribe how it work?
    • Edited by orson1992 Sunday, May 04, 2014 8:55 AM
    Sunday, May 04, 2014 8:43 AM