CRM Notifications ? RRS feed

Answers

• I've typically used the first method when something like this is required. JavaScript with the web resource can dynamically change the message based on the form criteria. After a data change on the form you can refresh the control and assuming the JavaScript in your resource runs on load of the page, the content will get updated.

The reason the second link ins't supported is because it references functionality not documented in the SDK. Meaning even through it is hijacking code written by Microsoft by not documenting in the SDK means they are free to change that functionality at any given time without having to test around when effects it has on user generated scripts. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Friday, August 16, 2013 6:02 PM

All replies

• I've typically used the first method when something like this is required. JavaScript with the web resource can dynamically change the message based on the form criteria. After a data change on the form you can refresh the control and assuming the JavaScript in your resource runs on load of the page, the content will get updated.

The reason the second link ins't supported is because it references functionality not documented in the SDK. Meaning even through it is hijacking code written by Microsoft by not documenting in the SDK means they are free to change that functionality at any given time without having to test around when effects it has on user generated scripts. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Friday, August 16, 2013 6:02 PM
  • Thanks for the quick replay and explanation Jason.

Friday, August 16, 2013 6:31 PM