none
Artificial Intelligence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am thinking of studying further in the field of Artificial Intelligence.

I have a fair amount of knowledge in C/C++ programming. Is there any other language I should take up for AI or can someone help with a step by step process to learn AI?

Any certification/degree courses recommendation will be helpful.

Thanks

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 11:05 PM

All replies

• I have never done any online courses nor have I been taught anything about artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), I just did it the hard way, I taught myself.

I use a rather crude and straight forward approach to learning complex subjects on my own, I learn by doing. I just start even when I don't feel like I'm ready. I normally jump right to a project then I learn the stuff that I need to in order for me to finish the project at hand.

I start projects that will challenge me such that I would spend a lot of time reading and researching heavily in subject areas I think can help me solve the problem.

I normally Google a lot and read journals and watch a lot of YouTube videos to gain the knowledge. I have become so good now that I can learn any complex system provided I can find some literature on it.

I think the qualities that help me to do all this are

1. Passion: I really loved anything to do with automation back when I first watched the Robocop movies when I was just 8 yrs old. I promised myself to pursue something in those lines.
    2. Commitment: You need to really commit to completing what you start no matter what. Giving up will only drain you of the positive energy.
    3. Learn from first principal: I normally breakdown a problem to its basic truths and reason up from there, this is a powerful approach because it avoids memorizing stuff unnecessarily. But it's also the most difficult skill, it can't be taught. It can only be developed slowly and only with time it becomes a very powerful force.

I use the above skills to learn anything complex on my own. As far I can remember, in AI and ML, I have never finished reading any books nor have I done any courses online. I Google a lot for recent developments in many technologies and watch YouTube that's it.

I have a Bachelor's degree in Electronics engineering but a lot of other things I know, I just taught myself.

Hope this helps.

Monday, February 3, 2020 10:39 AM