CRM 2011 Can not qualify leads (duplicates issue?) RRS feed

• Question

• I click qualified, get the box. select account. then I get a box saying that there is a possible duplicate record that has previously been disqualified. that's fine with me because our product are quarterly so it's no news that we may have a old disqualified who is interested this quarter. I click save an continue on. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. All i get is on the bottom left of the window is "error on page". I close out the window and get, (well there is more but this look like the issue)  what do I need to do?

<CrmScriptErrorReport>
      <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion>
      <ScriptErrorDetails>
       <Message>'this._control.get_innerControl()' is null or not an object</Message>
       <Line>1</Line>
       <URL>/_static/_forms/form.js?ver=284313210</URL>
       <PageURL>/userdefined/edit.aspx?_gridType=4&etc=4&id=%7b98322245-243B-E311-9963-0024E86F9EA5%7d&pagemode=iframe&preloadcache=1389380060680&rskey=486355840</PageURL>
       <Function>anonymous(isDisabled){this._control.get_innerControl().set_disabled(isDisabled)}</Function>
       <CallStack>
        <Function>anonymous(isDisabled){this._control.get_innerControl().set_disabled(isDisabled)}</Function>
        <Function>anonymous(item,index){if(item.getDisabled){controlStates[index]=item.getDisabled();item.setDisabled(true)}}</Function>
        <Function>anonymous(actions,filter){var$v_0=false;if(IsNull(filter))$v_0=true;for(var$v_1=0;$v_1<this.$F_0.length;$v_1++){var$v_2=this.$1Y_0($v_1);($v_0||filter($v_2,$v_1))&&actions($v_2,$v_1)}}</Function>
        <Function>disableFormControls()</Function>
        <Function>Submit()</Function>
        <Function>SubmitCrmForm(iMode,bCheckValid,bForceSubmit,bClose,bBuildFullXml)</Function>
        <Function>qualifyLead(showNew,account,contact,opportunity,parentTypeId,parent,oppCurrencyId,qualifyStatus,suppressDuplicateDetection)</Function>
        <Function>QualifyLeadSuppressDeDup(leadQualifyData)</Function>
        <Function>CheckForDuplicates(iEventType,sRedirectUrl)</Function>
        <Function>customErrorHandler(ex,iEventType,sUrl)</Function>
        <Function>processError()</Function>
       </CallStack>

Friday, January 10, 2014 7:06 PM

All replies

• What rollup is your CRM server on, and what browser/version are you using?

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Friday, January 10, 2014 9:18 PM
  • were running Internet explorer 8. roll-up server is beyond me... however once i left the forum i found this at the microsoft web site,

"If you mark the Exclude Inactive Matching Records checkbox on the Duplicate Detection rule, this will exclude the matching Lead record that is changed to inactive during the transaction, which the Account is created from. Having this checkbox marked will allow the Lead to be converted and it will not display a Duplicates Detected window.".

basically it told me there is a check box within Duplicate Detection Rules that i need to mark to allow the duplicate lead to be qualified in the qualification process. I did it and it worked. But now we are running the risk of creating many duplicate contact & account records from our incoming leads. Thoughts?

Friday, January 10, 2014 9:32 PM
  • My suggestion is to not mark that box unless you want to ignore the inactive duplicates.  With regard to the above error, I would ensure that your servers and client machines are on the latest CRM Update Rollup and then see if the behavior persists.   This could be an IE 8 issue so once you are on the latest UR, you can also try this in Chrome and see if you get the same result.  That will help you narrow down the issue.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:45 PM