none
Bug on job progress percentage RRS feed

• Question

• After stopping/restarting and a job restarting after a failure several times, the percentage keeps increasing despite the fact that no other task has completed. I currently have a job with 4 tasks completed out of 29 and percentage shows 51% completed ?!

I have the most recent updates installed...

Erik Putrycz - Solution Architect - Apption Software
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Erik,

Could you provide some more details about your job, type of tasks you are running and the reason of job failures? Job XML or the commandline/steps used to create and restart it would be also great.

Thanks,
    Łukasz

Saturday, September 10, 2011 8:28 PM
  • Hi Erik,

Could you provide some more details about your job, type of tasks you are running and the reason of job failures? Job XML or the commandline/steps used to create and restart it would be also great.

Thanks,
    Łukasz

I can definitely provide you the xml. I've seen this issue happen on two different setups. The xml is rather large, can I email it to you instead of posting it here?

Erik.

Erik Putrycz - Solution Architect - Apption Software
    Monday, September 12, 2011 2:44 PM
  • Sure, here's my email address: lutom@microsoft.com

Thanks,
    Łukasz

Monday, September 12, 2011 3:15 PM
  • We've finally figured out, that in this case the reason for the progress value to increase every time the job is requeued is the presence of ‘Node Release’ task within the job definition. New instances of this task will be created every time when job execution ends on allocated node. Number of created instances will be added to the total number of tasks in a job and will be used during 'job progress' calculation.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:34 PM