none
How do I draw a 5 or 10 mile radius around a push pin? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I draw a 5 or 10 mile radius around a pushpin ... and how do I darken or highlight this radius with color?
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:12 PM

All replies

• Three sections of the Help menu might interesting to you as follows.

Change the line style of a drawing

You can change the color or width of a line or drawing border.

1. Click the drawing on the map you want to change.

2. Do one of the following:

• On the Drawing toolbar, click the arrow next to Linecolor , and then click the color you want.

• On the Drawing toolbar, click Linestyle , and then click the line width you want.

Note If the Drawing toolbar is not visible, on the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Drawing.

Add fill color to a drawing

1. If the Drawing toolbar is not visible, on the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Drawing.

2. On the map, select the drawing you want to change by clicking its border.

3. On the Drawing toolbar, click the arrow next to Fill Color , and then click the color you want.

Add a radius circle

Use the Radius tool to draw a circle centered on a point you choose, or to draw a circle of a specific radius.

Note To complete the following procedure, you must use the Drawing toolbar. If the Drawing toolbar is not visible, on the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Drawing.

1. On the Drawing toolbar, click Radius .

2. Position the mouse pointer where you want to place the center of your circle.

3. Drag the mouse to draw the radius of your circle.

Tips

• To hide the radius label, on the Draw menu, click Hide size.

• To show the radius label, on the Draw menu, click Show size.

To set the length of the radius, you click once to center the circle and then drag the mouse out to the desired radius length and click again to complete.  This will produce a circle with the radius.  Note that you must select your color options before you construct the circle.

Monday, July 11, 2011 2:22 AM