System Restore & "My Documents" Folder RRS feed

• Question

• My pc had an internet glitch after an operating system was re-installed.  After the operating system was installed I could still access my files in "My Documents" folder (i.e. .jpg, .doc, and my movies and music).

However, all was well, except that I could not access the internet via Internet Explorer.  Considering that this program is a part of the operating system, trying to re-install I.E. 6.0 proved futile, not even to try I.E. 7.0.  After some digging around on Help & Support I found info that recommended restoring the operating system.  That's what I did.  I did a System Restore (start/control panel/performance and maintenance/system restore).  Now it is working perfectly and I can access the internet again.  As predicted I lost my additional programs, but these are the least of my worries - I can re-install them; I can't seem to find anything related to the above-mentioned files or folders under "My Documents".  My c:/ drive proves to be 'full' with the data (no new space), but I can't find them - not even with search.

Finally, my question is - have I lost all that data or was it not de-compressed or just plainly never included in the restoration process?  These data are all my e-mails, music, documents, movies blablabla

I would be very grateful for advice or input - a dim light at the end of the tunnel or just "Russian Roulette"?

A worried man

Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:34 PM