WHS with PP1 says no updates available when I check for updates RRS feed

• Question

• Why does WHS with PP1 says no updates available when I check for updates? I thought PP2 was available to owners of WHS with PP1 installed!
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:47 AM

Answers

• DanVegas said:

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1771.0

This is the beta of Power Pack 1 and Power Pack 2 will not install with this version. Please uninstall this version and then run windows update until you have 6.0.1800.0 which is the RTW version of Power Pack 1. Once this version is installed, you should be able to pull down Power Pack 2 from WU.

You will have to RDP into your server and uninstall the beta using ADD/REMOVE programs and check the "show updates" box.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    • Marked as answer by DanVegas Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:27 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:23 AM

All replies

• DanVegas said:

Why does WHS with PP1 says no updates available when I check for updates? I thought PP2 was available to owners of WHS with PP1 installed!

It is if you are in the USA.  What are the current component numbers in the Console?  (Settings button, Resources tab)
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:10 AM
  •  Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1771.0
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:11 AM
  • DanVegas said:

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1771.0

This is the beta of Power Pack 1 and Power Pack 2 will not install with this version. Please uninstall this version and then run windows update until you have 6.0.1800.0 which is the RTW version of Power Pack 1. Once this version is installed, you should be able to pull down Power Pack 2 from WU.

You will have to RDP into your server and uninstall the beta using ADD/REMOVE programs and check the "show updates" box.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    • Marked as answer by DanVegas Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:27 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:23 AM
  • Thanks Lara,

I didn't realize I hadn't updated the PP1 yet.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:28 AM