webui error RRS feed

• Question

• i created a new model, but when i add new resource appear this error,

Before, i changed the web.config with the new lines show in other thread, too run update-zentitydatamodelclientsetup command and i created SecurityConfiguration.xml file

Server Error in '/WebUI' Application.

Non-static method requires a target.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Reflection.TargetException: Non-static method requires a target.

Source Error: 
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 
    [TargetException: Non-static method requires a target.]
       System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.CheckConsistency(Object target) +9355877
       System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +100
       System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +28
       System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture) +101
       System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, Object[] index) +25
       Zentity.Web.UI.ToolKit.ResourceProperties.GetResourceDetails() +568
       Zentity.Web.UI.ToolKit.ResourceProperties.SaveResourceProperties() +43
       UserControls_CreateResource.SaveResource() +18
       UserControls_CreateResource.Submit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +190
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Friday, April 13, 2012 12:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please see the following thread created by WizMan for details regarding this issue.

WebUI throws error for editing custom resources . The saving of custom model enities (those which are out of ScholarlyWorks) using webui is not yet resolved. Before putting any fix for this issue I also want to share overall guidance on Zentity customization.

I am well in that path and update on the forum within few days.

In the mean time, If any community user has successfully resolved this issue please update us.

Regards,
    Zentity Support Team

Friday, April 13, 2012 9:14 AM
  • Ok, Mr Kalnemi thank for your answer 

waiting for the solution

Regards, Arkantos

Monday, April 16, 2012 2:56 PM
  • Thanks for your patience Arkantos and apologies for the delayed response.

The webUI is only meant for the ScholarlyWorks. Any data model or resource which are not part of the ScholarlyWorks cannot be edited in WebUI. Please use the Resource Manager to edit or add custom resources to Zentity.

Please let me know for any further issue.

-Regards

• Proposed as answer by Kalnemi Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:15 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:09 AM
  • I am putting down some points, stepwise, which will be quite useful for users who wants to customize Zentity.

1) Creating Data Model
    A custom data model can be added to Zentity either by using the RDF files or using code. Using code is much more flxible and provides options for customization at each level than the RDF files and powershell.

Once a data model is created or edited (using any method) make sure that the same is available to the Zentity applications, that is you have successfully updated the client side. The update can be done using powershell. Also, place the required assembly to the web's bin folders if it is not already placed (a sanity test).

2) Working with the Custom Data Models
    The earlier versions of Zentity, 2.0 or below, are mostly meant for the ScholarlyWorks and customization within it, like customizing Visual Explorer graphs. For this reason the Zentity.Platform was tightly coupled with the Zentity.ScholarlyWorks project. To overcome this limitation, ZRM is presented in the current version, which is Zenity 2.1 and only this should be used to add/edit any custom model resources.

Also, for the visual explorer functioning, make sure that the Full-Text Index is enabled or not for the and they are fully populated. You can manually populated index by selecting the table right click -> Full Text Index -> Start population/ Start incremental population.

Visual Explorer and Pivot collections are compatible with any Zentity model, either ScholarlyWorks or custom models.

Hope new users will find this helpful. For any further query please let us know.

-Regards

• Proposed as answer by Kalnemi Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:50 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:49 AM