Merge my multiple profiles RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying for some weeks to merge the two persons in your database called Barry Smith, both associated with the State University of New York at Buffalo, both identical with me. Every time I attempt to request this merge, I receive the 'Result Message' pasted below, informing me that, yet again, there will be no result.

Please help.

Barry Smith

AcademicUser Input Result Message

Updating By Other Users

Another user is updating the information for Author/Barry Smith.

You can’t make changes to this Author until the preceding request got verified.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:48 PM

Answers

• Hello Barry,

Thank you for your interest in Academic Search. Generally, users receive this message if an edit was submitted to the author profile and it is awaiting approval and processing before appearing on the live site. Can you let us know if you submitted an author merge request for the two profiles already, or did you submit a different type of edit (e.g., Edit Publication List or Edit Basic Information)? We can attempt to expedite the edit request to "unlock" the profile for further changes you may need to make.

Thank you,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Monday, December 31, 2012 6:10 PM
  • Hello Artem_F,

Thank you for letting us know. There is a dedicated feedback email alias end users can use to contact us at acadfb@microsoft.com If you can send us an email message with your author name and the URLs of the author profiles you are trying to merge, we can look into the issue further.

Best regards,

Monday, December 31, 2012 6:11 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem and got exactly the same "Result Message". I have submitted my first request about a month ago and I have 5 different
    records in the system. Is there any "dedicated email" for the authors or the administrators have to browse this forum to see that the problem hasn't been solved yet?

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:13 PM
  • Hello Barry,

Thank you for your interest in Academic Search. Generally, users receive this message if an edit was submitted to the author profile and it is awaiting approval and processing before appearing on the live site. Can you let us know if you submitted an author merge request for the two profiles already, or did you submit a different type of edit (e.g., Edit Publication List or Edit Basic Information)? We can attempt to expedite the edit request to "unlock" the profile for further changes you may need to make.

Thank you,

Monday, December 31, 2012 6:10 PM
  • Hello Artem_F,

Thank you for letting us know. There is a dedicated feedback email alias end users can use to contact us at acadfb@microsoft.com If you can send us an email message with your author name and the URLs of the author profiles you are trying to merge, we can look into the issue further.

Best regards,

Monday, December 31, 2012 6:11 PM
  • Thanks a lot for the reply, Artem.

Saturday, January 5, 2013 3:29 PM