Is there software to know what users are logged on remotely? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a function or add-in that will let me know, as a logged on administrator, whoelse is logged on remotely?

Thanks,
    Steve Dorman

Steve
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:27 PM

All replies

• The Windows Home Server console shows, in the lower left corner, a list of users currently logged in through the Remote Access web site.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:43 PM
  • If you have installed the Advanced Admin addin, or logged in on the server or have access to the task manager on your server, it will show who is logged on, and from what location they logged in from. 

Lars
    • Proposed as answer by Skauber Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:01 AM
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:01 AM
  • If the Console program does not give the detail you want, I find this program VERY HANDY to have installed on the WHS box.

Install it on your WHS BOX, then remote desktop into your server, fire it up, and it eliminates all the guess work of who is doing WHAT. Shows you the big picture - internal connections to your WHS box and external connections. Very Handy IMO.

Sure beats running around the house of seeing who is doing what inside the house on your WHS box and avoids killing a remote user in a session that they might be doing something productive? :)

http://www.stevemiller.net/sharewatch/
    • Proposed as answer by learnabit Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:27 AM
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:24 AM
  • Thanks!!  VERY helpful
    Steve
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:44 AM
  • I'm a little surprised no one mentioned Remote Alert which will issue a WHS Health Notification when a user logs in via Remote Access. When used in conjunction with Remote Notification to forward the alert to your email or SMS, then you have a nice way to always know what's going on with your server.

I hope this helps.

http://www.mediasmartserver.net
    Friday, November 21, 2008 10:33 PM