one care advisory RRS feed

• Question

•  

Since last weeks advisory, my pc at work ahs been on the fritz, My firewall has started blocking programs that are set for passthrough, and now I can't remote in. My Net surfing has become hiccupped as well. My computer was fine until that damn advisory came into play is anyone else out the having the same issues. Also Web pages are coming up not found such as microsoft.com Go figure, Out of the 7 pcs at work mine is the only one that is F*^ked up can anyone help?
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:40 AM

Answers

• I've moved your post to the General folder. I thought about putting into the Firewall topic, but I can't say that the problem is with the firewall. I suspect that the issue is a general Windows issue with the patch.

I just encountered what you are describing on my laptop. It took the patch last week when it was released, but last night it took 2 more Vista updates along with my other 2 Vista machines. Today, I found that I was unable to connect to a valid Share on the laptop via the network. I turned off the OneCare firewall and I was still unable to access the Share. All remote connections were blocked, too. I decided to reboot once again and all was well after the reboot. Note that I rebooted to complete the installation of the Windows updates. When I rebooted, I was on my home LAN and access to the Shares was fine. The laptop then went to Sleep mode for the trip to the office. I encountered the problem when plugged into the LAN at work. I could see the PC from multiple other workstations, but all attempts to connect to the Share were blocked until I rebooted.

If a reboot does not resolve it, you can contact OneCare support and/or seek help from the Windows Update angle - 

Windows Update Solution Center - http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:15 PM