Updating account after a year away! RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using the MMoney 2007 program on a laptop for the past few years, updating our financial figures to the current date.  Now I would like to also have the MMoney program on my desktop.  Using the orig disc, I just installed MM.  I see OLD figures from years ago when I first open the program on this computer.  WHAT IS THE BEST METHOD for bringing the figures forward to current day??  (I did backups to an external hard drive every time I shut down my laptop, so there are, of course, numerous backups.) 

Monday, March 20, 2017 12:38 AM

All replies

• You need to copy your most recent Money.mny file from your laptop to your desktop.  Be sure to copy it to your Documents folder, not the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money Plus folder.  Then just double-click on the copied Money.mny file and Money will open it.  Money "remembers" the most-recently-used file, so in the future you can just double-click on the Money shortcut and your current file will open.

Bill Becker

Monday, March 20, 2017 1:23 AM
  • One more thing...  If the file structure is different, you also want to change where the backups go. The path you sent your backups to on the laptop may not exist on the desktop computer. Those paths are set two places in Tools->Settings->BackupSettings

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:31 AM