Uninstalling Live Onecare RRS feed

• Question

• I don't see my issue on "related topics" so here goes...
    I booted up my computer one morning and my computer screen was blinking red everywhere!  It said "Trojan" "Worm" and other spy ware had envaded my computer.  One care prompted me to initiate clean up... so I did.  Everything seemed to be gone, but I decided to do a quick scan to make sure everything was cleaned up.  One file kept coming up time and again after I tried to clean it up.  Additionally, it told me that my Firewall was down.  Not sure how that happed.  None the less I tried to bring it up.  It wouldn't.  I took my computer to the Geek squad where they performed another scan and came back that my computer was "clean".  The tech suggested I uninstall One Care (thought the spy ware had currupted it) and reinstall.  Well I've tried and tried to uninstall One Care and I just can't get it to go away.  After going through the control panel, I "explored" to find the software and tried to delete it that way.  It came back that the program files were locked.  I have unlocker, so I did that, but now the program is on my desktop and I get a message that the files cannot be deleted.  Meanwhile I'm still running my computer without the firewall.  I appreciate that One Care caught and cleaned up the monster viruses I got, but I just want to dump this program and go somewhere else.  Can someone please help me!

Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:11 PM

Answers