Remote access not available! Caused by Windows live domain issue! RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone I just wanted to report i was having no issues with my WHS before the windows live domain Problem but now since that is fixed and everyting seems to be back to normal all except the fact thet I cannot get the whs to report that remote access is available. When i click repair it starts the remote access repair wizard two of the three tasks complete sucessfully those would be: Verifying that your remote web site is available locally> OK, Configuring your router using UPnP standards> OK, But now the last one FAILS which is Verifying that your remote website is available from the internet. Keep in mind that nothing has been changed to my setup since the onset of the windows live problem. this has only come to my attention when I configured my domain name after windows live custom domains came back to life. any help would be greatly appreciated!
    PS. when i click domain name details all have a green checkmark including the one that says Verifying remote access is available from the internet. Probubly two different things but they sound close to being the same issue.
    Ok now that ive been playing with the Domain Name Details Page clicking the refesh button will get me all sucessful tasks completed one minute then next time i click it it says my website and remote access fails then back and forth.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:57 AM

Answers

• If you are using an IP address then the Live Domains problem would not be the cause. Do you have a fixed or Dynamic IP? If Dynamic, are you sure you are using the rigt address? Was your Internet connection disconnected and you have been given a different IP?

I have a fixed IP and again no settings were ever changed. Just the outage
    NOw everyting seems to be ok tho, must have been one last hiccup in the system still!
    • Marked as answer by Jay12482001 Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:16 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jay12482001 Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jay12482001 Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:18 PM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:12 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem. Also had no remote access all day yesterday but didn't bother to report it since so many other people already were. Hope Microsoft can fix this soon.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:07 PM
  • ok cool so just more waiting then huh?
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:10 PM
  • The server was working the last time I tested it (a few hours ago) so you may have another problem if it's not working? Just retested and everything is fine at the moment.
    • Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:06 PM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:56 PM
  • Had problems with live domains the last 2 days - but now it's working fine again.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:23 PM
  • I also had problems with live domains the last 2 days - and still have them. It makes no difference if am trying to connect via https:// XXXX.homeserver.com oder the IP-Address.

and no, i did not change my setup!

This is very annoying!
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:10 PM
  • If you are using an IP address then the Live Domains problem would not be the cause. Do you have a fixed or Dynamic IP? If Dynamic, are you sure you are using the rigt address? Was your Internet connection disconnected and you have been given a different IP?
    • Marked as answer by Jay12482001 Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:24 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jay12482001 Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:25 PM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:53 PM

PhilipJH, sorry for the misionformation. i CAN reach my WHS via its IP-adress. any hints ho to fix the domain problem?
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:33 PM

I have a fixed IP and again no settings were ever changed. Just the outage
    NOw everyting seems to be ok tho, must have been one last hiccup in the system still!
    • Marked as answer by Jay12482001 Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:16 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jay12482001 Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jay12482001 Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:18 PM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:12 PM