Cannot upgrade to Windows Service Pack 3 RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Windows XP Service pack 2 on a computer I built.  I ran updates and it updated to service pack 3 now it tells me I have a invalid code for the type of media installed.  The version is XP Home Edition version 2002 and includes Service pack 2.  On the Proof of License Certificate it says Windows XP Home Edition OEM Software and has the product key.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 2:56 PM

Answers

• Morning Andy,

Thank you for visiting our WGA Forums :-). Please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and provide us with the results as outlined in the following sticky post http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindowsxp/thread/c2be4a37-9ac3-4674-9b30-08fdc9b99dd8.  This will allow us to analyze what you are experiencing so we may begin to formulate a resolution for you.

Thank you Andy

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:46 PM
    Friday, March 20, 2009 5:11 PM