CRM 2011 Scheduling - Close Appointments RRS feed

• Question

• I am using CRM 2011 and want to customize the options on the Scheduling ribbon that says "Close Activity".  There are three options, Completed and Canceled.  Can I add otheres?  If so where?  Thanks

Russ

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:17 PM

Answers

• My apologies - I thought you were referring to a 'Service Activity' rather than an 'Appointment'.

Unfortunately this field's values can't be changed out of the box. 

If you are running on premise - this blog post shows and unsupported method for unlocking the field and allowing values to be added in a similar manner.

Jason Lattimer

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:04 PM

All replies

• Settings -> Customizations -> Customize the System

Entities -> Service Activity -> Fields

Double click 'statuscode'

Change the Status to 'Closed' and add/change the values

Save and Publish

Jason Lattimer

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:36 PM
  • In the Appointment form, on the Ribbon at the top of the screen, there is a button (icon) that says "CloseAppointment" a window is poping out to select the Status Reason of closing the
    appointment. By default CRM 2011 is giving only 2 options (Completed and
    Cancelled).     Using you instructions I do not see the two default values in the statuscode field.  Are we sure we are talking about the same field?  Thank you

Russ

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:53 PM
  • My apologies - I thought you were referring to a 'Service Activity' rather than an 'Appointment'.

Unfortunately this field's values can't be changed out of the box. 

If you are running on premise - this blog post shows and unsupported method for unlocking the field and allowing values to be added in a similar manner.

Jason Lattimer

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:04 PM