CRM 4 Sales Process Stage Opportunity Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I"m running CRM 4. With CRM 3 my sales persons are able to change the stage of an opportuny with Sales Proccess. With CRM 4, I created a workflow that triggered the probability change, let we say I have stage 1 - Probability 10, 2  - Probability 50, 3 - Probability 80 and 4 - Probability 100. This workflow updates the Pipeline Phase too. My problem is that the Sales Pipeline reports shows duplicate opportunities for each opportunity that has a sales stage changed. For example, if an user changes the probability 10 to 50, I will see the opportunity in the Stage 1 and the Stage 2 of my report and the Estimated Revenue is duplicated too. Do you know how I can fix that?

Thanks

DS

Friday, April 2, 2010 4:15 PM

Answers

• There is something in the report code that is causing the undesirable behavior.  You can either try to go through the report and find the issue or create a custom report that shows the data the way you need to see it. 

My suggestion is to create your own custom report rather than try to modify an existing report.  I find it easier and less time consuming to create a new report rather than reviewing an existing report and then try to change it to behave the way I want. 

Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by sidavid Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:23 PM
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:06 PM

All replies

• What is the filter criteria you use for your report to retrieve the stage 10, 50 and so on
    MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Friday, April 2, 2010 4:32 PM
  • I'm not sure to understand what you want, it is this:

Group by Sales Process = My workflow name

Group by = Sales Stage

Revenue = Estimated Revenue

Thanks

DS

Friday, April 2, 2010 5:16 PM
  • There is something in the report code that is causing the undesirable behavior.  You can either try to go through the report and find the issue or create a custom report that shows the data the way you need to see it. 

My suggestion is to create your own custom report rather than try to modify an existing report.  I find it easier and less time consuming to create a new report rather than reviewing an existing report and then try to change it to behave the way I want. 

Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by sidavid Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:23 PM
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:06 PM
  • Thanks Donna, I'll go this way, create my own report

DS

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:22 PM
  • You're welcome

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 10:08 PM