Moving licences from MAPS to Silver Partner RRS feed

• Question

• Our company has just achieved Silver Partner status. We already have an Action Pack subscription which we will not be renewing. When it expires we want to convert our MAPS licences to Silver Partner licences for the internal software that we have already. I phoned the Partner Network Regional Centre and asked how we do this, but astonishingly they did not know and referred me to this forum site. They sent me this email message:

"If you have to deinstall the software and install the software from the Silver Competency or if you can deactivate the Microsoft Action Pack keys and just enter one from your Silver Competency. As the Microsoft Action Pack has retail licenses and the Silver Competency has volume licenses this is not clear. You should discover that, to avoid some extra work deinstalling and installing software, if you can just change the keys."

Does anyone know what we have to do? I can't believe this issue has not cropped up with many other members of the Partner Network who have become Silver Partners or Certified Partners.

• Moved by Honglei Ji Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:32 AM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 5:25 PM

Answers