Syncing Contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I have a couple questions.

The first involves syncing contacts from CRM to Outlook.  I create a ton of new contacts each day for our company and don't have any further contact with most of these individuals.  Yet, since I'm the owner of the contact they sync into my Outlook contacts.  I have deactivated the two contact based filters in the Synchronization Options, yet the problem persists.  I want to put e-mail on my phone but I'm hesitant because I most certainly don't want thousands of numbers in there.  Is there something I'm not doing here that is still putting these contacts into my outlook folder?

Also, since we updated our MSCRM system the way I add contacts has changed.  Whereas it used to all come up on the traditional add a contact page, it now comes in a business card like way, is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:17 PM

Answers

• You might check out this blog post. Its sounds like since you are the owner on the contact records they end up in Outlook. Assigning them to another user or team should remove them from your Outlook contact list.

As far as adding contacts - you might check the settings under File -> CRM -> Options -> 'Select which form to user'. You could also create a CRM contact record from the CRM tab.

Jason Lattimer

Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:53 PM