none
Final week of Contest!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Well the final week of the contest is here. The race for points if almost over. I want to take this oppurtunity to thank everybody who helped me and others in the forums during the contest. The entire learning experience was fantastic. I learned loads of new stuff and i am sure everybody else also has.

The only thing that saddens me is that we have to say goodbye to the contest. Looking forward in communicating with you in the forums, even after the contest is over....

Thursday, June 7, 2007 8:15 PM

Answers

• sure dude
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:29 PM
  • Sure Adnan, I dont think i will miss the contest much. As the main event of the contest has been the quiz and forums.

I will surely be taking part in the forums even after the contest, and about the quizzes, i hope DevSquare keeps conducting them. If we keep interating in the forums even after the contest is over as we are doing right now, we will not miss the contest Smile After all what MS wanted to put out from this contest is to make ourselves able to learn on our own and itneract and share and gain knowledge from other fellow forum membes Smile We have learnt that very well. Now we just need to keep on continuing it.

But i am sad that i will miss few people who might leave the forums after the contest is over. I hope noone does like that.

And yes, final 7 days remaining Smile
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:50 PM
  • i wont leave the forums
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:51 PM
  • Then let us all join hands and create the fellowhip of the forums (i mean ring)
    Friday, June 8, 2007 6:42 PM
  • Yo, count me in....
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:00 AM
  • thanks every one!!
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:05 AM
  • Yeah,we came to the end of the contest.It's almost over.Really this contest was very useful for us in gaining lot of knowledge reg. the technologies.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 6:03 AM
  • to tell you the fact.. i really enjoyed this contest.. learnt a lot of stuff. if only this contest was a little longer i might have had a chance to be in the top 25.. A Big thanks to MS for organizing this contest..

and all the best to all you guys out there...
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 9:31 AM
  • Well, we all agree that we learned load of new stuff. So even if this competition ends, it doesnt mean that we have to say goodbye. Keep posting and sharing your knowledge.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 2:21 PM
  • This competition has made us do some routine work daily, that is to take part in the forums, and exchange ideas and share knowledge. So even after the contest, we will not stop that routine Wink

I am sure to join the fellowship of the ring Smile I would like to be Gandalf.... hehe
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 3:43 PM
  • Yes thatz rite, I have my routine set, when to log into forums, the daily routine and all....
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:17 PM
  • This contest has also changed my lifestyle Smile
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:35 PM
  • 6 more days to go now Wink
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:37 PM
  • And i would like to play the part of Aragon in our fellowship of the forums.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 6:37 PM
  • Aragno is an awesome character. Lets find who will be the bearer of the fine ? anyone willing to become Frodo ? or Sam ?   I suspect there are some Gollums too.

Anyways back to the point. countdown decreased, and 5 more days left  now.
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:28 PM
  • What fine??? And i think that he was talking about Aragon, the dragon rider and you are talking about the Lord of the rings....
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:54 PM
  • @Varun, No i was talking about aragon of the LOTR. I wish i also had a dragon egg and become a dragon rider.

Anyway, Harshil could you please elaborate about the 'fine'.

5 more days to go.

Sunday, June 10, 2007 3:56 PM
  • Yes Varun he was talking about Aragon from LOTR,  the hero lead Stick out tongue
    The one that you are talking about Varun is Eragon Stick out tongue

@Adnan - I dont know what you are ting to mean by 'fine' Can you please explain ?
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:13 PM
  • @Harshil, you mentioned something like "bearer of the fine"
    We are talking about it....
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 5:44 PM
  • LOL that really funny Adnan. Actually i meant to say "Bearer of the ring" Stick out tongue I dont know how did 'fine' get replaced with 'ring' . Dont know what was gong on in my mind when i typed that.

Sorry for creating confusion.
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:18 PM
  • @Harshil, Thou hast committed thy oldest sin - a Typo.....

Speaking of LOTR, we all need Legolas and Gimli, any volunteers???

Anyway, 4 more days to go.

Sunday, June 10, 2007 10:42 PM
  • I think in the final 4 days we will find the fellowship of the forums, and i hope we really do.

May be after the contest gets over, we can change our display names Smile And create a real fellowship of the forums/ hehe

Yes 4 days only left now. Days are passing off really fast, at the start of this contest, i was thinking that this contest is too long and laborious, but then slowly as i came to know about the forums, i completely forgot about the time, and now the contest has hardly some time left Smile
    Monday, June 11, 2007 1:24 AM
  • Hi Vaun, Harshil and Adnan - Am too much interested in joining your gang..
    Monday, June 11, 2007 2:11 AM
  • The whole contest was good, but due due busy shedule i was unable to regular here
    Monday, June 11, 2007 2:17 AM
  •  Raghuram_Duraisamy_ed4912 wrote:
    Hi Vaun, Harshil and Adnan - Am too much interested in joining your gang..

Hey Raghuram, there is no gang, its an open ground and everyone is invited....
    Monday, June 11, 2007 3:44 AM
  • Raghuram, to join our gang, you need to first assign yourself a character Smile

I have chosen - Gandalf
    Adnan - Aragon

What will Varun and You choose ?

And btw, its not called Gang, its called FELLOWSHIP OF THE FORUMS Smile
    Monday, June 11, 2007 6:01 AM
  •  YOGESH_SAXENA_15fbaa wrote:
    The whole contest was good, but due due busy shedule i was unable to regular here

Man Yogesh, we really missed you. Can you please message me in messenger when you get online ? i need to talk to you about something.

Monday, June 11, 2007 6:03 AM
  •  Adnan_Hussain_b89496 wrote:

@Harshil, Thou hast committed thy oldest sin - a Typo.....

And Thou shall be punished under Act 420.420 for the oldest sin conducted ever in the history of computers. Smile
    Monday, June 11, 2007 6:05 AM
  • @Raghuram, you are most welcome to join the fellowship of the forums. Please select your character and let us know...
    Monday, June 11, 2007 10:53 AM
  • I want to be Frodo...Pls Pls Pls.

"WHAT SAY YOU, ARAGORN, SON OF ARATHORN ??"
    Monday, June 11, 2007 11:05 AM
  • Well, I liked the character of Arthur from the legend.. So you can call me Arthur.. know its not from the Lorts.. but thatz my fav...
    Monday, June 11, 2007 2:37 PM
  • @Arijit (Frodo), I Aragon son of Arathon doth hereby declareth you the bearer of the ring and wise member of the fellowship of the ring.

(Just dont go around and play with Orks, or we will have to come and wage war against those evil beasts)

@Varun, oops sorry Arthur, glad to have you with us...

Monday, June 11, 2007 4:06 PM
  • @Arijit - YOu can surely become Frodo. But the dialog you said "WHAT SAY YOU" thats spoken by ARAGON Stick out tongue

@Varun - We are making a fellowship of the forums Stick out tongue so i think it will not matter what character you choose, but it will be better if you select characters from the LOTR, so that will be better Wink I think you can select SAM ? or Legolas?

@Adnan - Now you have given the ring to Frodo, i am sure he will not mess up. He needs Sam to keep him away from the orks. I guess we need some Samwise Gamchee ;P
    And one more thing, where is your Arwen, I want her, she is damn pretty. You take the ring, give me her Stick out tongue
    Monday, June 11, 2007 4:20 PM
  • 3 more days to go Stick out tongue
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:54 AM
  • Well I liked the character of SAM but i didnt liked the name....
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:16 PM
  • @Harshil, i like Gandalf's stick, but i cant take it, cos it belongs to you. Same way, Arwen is also mine and everything that comes with being Aragon.

Anyway, 3 more days to go. Wow! Time flies...

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:36 PM
  • hope we miss a information bank at the end of this week,bcoz i learnt lot a  new things....hope such new contests will be started soon and again and again by microosft
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:28 AM
  • too boring for me coz of exam
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:30 AM
  • Behold fellow warriors, the last day of thy war is here. Fight courageously and thou shalt win this battle. What say you?

Last day of the contest.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 3:39 PM
  • Hey fellow troupe, last day left, only we have tomorrow left for all the work that we can ever do in this contest. Lets give it a last fight, and win 1000 warrior points. Lets kill the fake orks, and destroy the ring.

Hope everyone has equally enjoyed this contest as i did. Lets fight our last day battle together, and with full spirit, Let one shall not get tired thou.
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:02 PM
  • The last day of the contest...
    Friday, June 15, 2007 10:14 AM
  • It'd b gr8 if we could stand united not for a contest but for sharing more knowledge & interests. Though just a  medium is student rockstar but it has brought us more closer eliminating boundaries of all types...
    Friday, June 15, 2007 10:55 AM
  • Well the entrance to Mordor is blocked. We cannot login to the Student Rockstar Website.

How am I, Frodo, a lowly hobbit, supposed to dispose of the ring now??
    Friday, June 15, 2007 12:16 PM
  • Frodo, please dispose the ring into the burning flames, and stop playing with the ring. And ill gollum and throw that ring. And then shall the gate of mordor be destroyed, and we shall then finally see the return of the King with the site working back again.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 1:24 PM
  • GOOD NEWS !!! The gates to Mordor are open again, we can enter the website.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 1:39 PM
  • the gates had a hitch while opening, it closed for about 5 minutes, and then now they are open for ever till the 30th Wink
    Friday, June 15, 2007 2:39 PM
  • With all of us under strict scrutiny of the admins, the eyes of Sauron are upon us. Beware!!!
    Friday, June 15, 2007 3:43 PM
  • Frodo needs to throw the ring into the burning flames, so that saurons eye can be destroyed Stick out tongue

But i suggest Frodo to wait until the Saurons eye have identified all the fake referrals and deleted points for them : then Frodo is free to throw the ring.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 3:59 PM
  • i m feeling well
    Friday, June 15, 2007 4:27 PM
  • Good Rajkumar Smile

Anyways only 2 hours left guys Smile
    Friday, June 15, 2007 4:31 PM
  • yaa only 1.57 hrs
    Friday, June 15, 2007 4:33 PM
  • With less than 10 mins left.... I wish you all good luck!

0 days left

Friday, June 15, 2007 6:23 PM
  • Fellow warriors, i am happy that the interaction in the forum ( although not with the same frequency) continues even after the contest has closed. Hope this continues.

So what new mission do thy suggest the fellowship should embark on?

Monday, June 18, 2007 3:09 AM
  • Man even after the contest is over, i dont think that there has been any affect in the fellowship Smile all the members of the fellowship of the forums are still active Smile
    Monday, June 18, 2007 4:37 PM
  • The Fellowship comes from a legend,
    and the "LEGEND LIVES FOREVER"
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 4:42 AM
  • Well we may not all be RockStars...But we are Stars nonetheless.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 5:33 AM

All replies

• sure dude
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:29 PM
  • Sure Adnan, I dont think i will miss the contest much. As the main event of the contest has been the quiz and forums.

I will surely be taking part in the forums even after the contest, and about the quizzes, i hope DevSquare keeps conducting them. If we keep interating in the forums even after the contest is over as we are doing right now, we will not miss the contest Smile After all what MS wanted to put out from this contest is to make ourselves able to learn on our own and itneract and share and gain knowledge from other fellow forum membes Smile We have learnt that very well. Now we just need to keep on continuing it.

But i am sad that i will miss few people who might leave the forums after the contest is over. I hope noone does like that.

And yes, final 7 days remaining Smile
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:50 PM
  • i wont leave the forums
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:51 PM
  • Then let us all join hands and create the fellowhip of the forums (i mean ring)
    Friday, June 8, 2007 6:42 PM
  • Yo, count me in....
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:00 AM
  • thanks every one!!
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:05 AM
  • Yeah,we came to the end of the contest.It's almost over.Really this contest was very useful for us in gaining lot of knowledge reg. the technologies.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 6:03 AM
  • to tell you the fact.. i really enjoyed this contest.. learnt a lot of stuff. if only this contest was a little longer i might have had a chance to be in the top 25.. A Big thanks to MS for organizing this contest..

and all the best to all you guys out there...
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 9:31 AM
  • Well, we all agree that we learned load of new stuff. So even if this competition ends, it doesnt mean that we have to say goodbye. Keep posting and sharing your knowledge.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 2:21 PM
  • This competition has made us do some routine work daily, that is to take part in the forums, and exchange ideas and share knowledge. So even after the contest, we will not stop that routine Wink

I am sure to join the fellowship of the ring Smile I would like to be Gandalf.... hehe
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 3:43 PM
  • Yes thatz rite, I have my routine set, when to log into forums, the daily routine and all....
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:17 PM
  • This contest has also changed my lifestyle Smile
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:35 PM
  • 6 more days to go now Wink
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:37 PM
  • And i would like to play the part of Aragon in our fellowship of the forums.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 6:37 PM
  • Aragno is an awesome character. Lets find who will be the bearer of the fine ? anyone willing to become Frodo ? or Sam ?   I suspect there are some Gollums too.

Anyways back to the point. countdown decreased, and 5 more days left  now.
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:28 PM
  • What fine??? And i think that he was talking about Aragon, the dragon rider and you are talking about the Lord of the rings....
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:54 PM
  • @Varun, No i was talking about aragon of the LOTR. I wish i also had a dragon egg and become a dragon rider.

Anyway, Harshil could you please elaborate about the 'fine'.

5 more days to go.

Sunday, June 10, 2007 3:56 PM
  • Yes Varun he was talking about Aragon from LOTR,  the hero lead Stick out tongue
    The one that you are talking about Varun is Eragon Stick out tongue

@Adnan - I dont know what you are ting to mean by 'fine' Can you please explain ?
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:13 PM
  • @Harshil, you mentioned something like "bearer of the fine"
    We are talking about it....
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 5:44 PM
  • LOL that really funny Adnan. Actually i meant to say "Bearer of the ring" Stick out tongue I dont know how did 'fine' get replaced with 'ring' . Dont know what was gong on in my mind when i typed that.

Sorry for creating confusion.
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:18 PM
  • @Harshil, Thou hast committed thy oldest sin - a Typo.....

Sunday, June 10, 2007 10:42 PM
  • I think in the final 4 days we will find the fellowship of the forums, and i hope we really do.

May be after the contest gets over, we can change our display names Smile And create a real fellowship of the forums/ hehe

Yes 4 days only left now. Days are passing off really fast, at the start of this contest, i was thinking that this contest is too long and laborious, but then slowly as i came to know about the forums, i completely forgot about the time, and now the contest has hardly some time left Smile
    Monday, June 11, 2007 1:24 AM
  • Hi Vaun, Harshil and Adnan - Am too much interested in joining your gang..
    Monday, June 11, 2007 2:11 AM
  • The whole contest was good, but due due busy shedule i was unable to regular here
    Monday, June 11, 2007 2:17 AM
  •  Raghuram_Duraisamy_ed4912 wrote:
    Hi Vaun, Harshil and Adnan - Am too much interested in joining your gang..

Hey Raghuram, there is no gang, its an open ground and everyone is invited....
    Monday, June 11, 2007 3:44 AM
  • Raghuram, to join our gang, you need to first assign yourself a character Smile

I have chosen - Gandalf
    Adnan - Aragon

What will Varun and You choose ?

And btw, its not called Gang, its called FELLOWSHIP OF THE FORUMS Smile
    Monday, June 11, 2007 6:01 AM
  •  YOGESH_SAXENA_15fbaa wrote:
    The whole contest was good, but due due busy shedule i was unable to regular here

Man Yogesh, we really missed you. Can you please message me in messenger when you get online ? i need to talk to you about something.

Monday, June 11, 2007 6:03 AM
  •  Adnan_Hussain_b89496 wrote:

@Harshil, Thou hast committed thy oldest sin - a Typo.....

And Thou shall be punished under Act 420.420 for the oldest sin conducted ever in the history of computers. Smile
    Monday, June 11, 2007 6:05 AM
  • @Raghuram, you are most welcome to join the fellowship of the forums. Please select your character and let us know...
    Monday, June 11, 2007 10:53 AM
  • I want to be Frodo...Pls Pls Pls.

"WHAT SAY YOU, ARAGORN, SON OF ARATHORN ??"
    Monday, June 11, 2007 11:05 AM
  • Well, I liked the character of Arthur from the legend.. So you can call me Arthur.. know its not from the Lorts.. but thatz my fav...
    Monday, June 11, 2007 2:37 PM
  • @Arijit (Frodo), I Aragon son of Arathon doth hereby declareth you the bearer of the ring and wise member of the fellowship of the ring.

(Just dont go around and play with Orks, or we will have to come and wage war against those evil beasts)

@Varun, oops sorry Arthur, glad to have you with us...

Monday, June 11, 2007 4:06 PM
  • @Arijit - YOu can surely become Frodo. But the dialog you said "WHAT SAY YOU" thats spoken by ARAGON Stick out tongue

@Varun - We are making a fellowship of the forums Stick out tongue so i think it will not matter what character you choose, but it will be better if you select characters from the LOTR, so that will be better Wink I think you can select SAM ? or Legolas?

@Adnan - Now you have given the ring to Frodo, i am sure he will not mess up. He needs Sam to keep him away from the orks. I guess we need some Samwise Gamchee ;P
    And one more thing, where is your Arwen, I want her, she is damn pretty. You take the ring, give me her Stick out tongue
    Monday, June 11, 2007 4:20 PM
  • 3 more days to go Stick out tongue
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:54 AM
  • Well I liked the character of SAM but i didnt liked the name....
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:16 PM
  • @Harshil, i like Gandalf's stick, but i cant take it, cos it belongs to you. Same way, Arwen is also mine and everything that comes with being Aragon.

Anyway, 3 more days to go. Wow! Time flies...

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:36 PM
  • hope we miss a information bank at the end of this week,bcoz i learnt lot a  new things....hope such new contests will be started soon and again and again by microosft
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:28 AM
  • too boring for me coz of exam
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:30 AM
  • Behold fellow warriors, the last day of thy war is here. Fight courageously and thou shalt win this battle. What say you?

Last day of the contest.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 3:39 PM
  • Hey fellow troupe, last day left, only we have tomorrow left for all the work that we can ever do in this contest. Lets give it a last fight, and win 1000 warrior points. Lets kill the fake orks, and destroy the ring.

Hope everyone has equally enjoyed this contest as i did. Lets fight our last day battle together, and with full spirit, Let one shall not get tired thou.
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:02 PM
  • The last day of the contest...
    Friday, June 15, 2007 10:14 AM
  • It'd b gr8 if we could stand united not for a contest but for sharing more knowledge & interests. Though just a  medium is student rockstar but it has brought us more closer eliminating boundaries of all types...
    Friday, June 15, 2007 10:55 AM
  • Well the entrance to Mordor is blocked. We cannot login to the Student Rockstar Website.

How am I, Frodo, a lowly hobbit, supposed to dispose of the ring now??
    Friday, June 15, 2007 12:16 PM
  • Frodo, please dispose the ring into the burning flames, and stop playing with the ring. And ill gollum and throw that ring. And then shall the gate of mordor be destroyed, and we shall then finally see the return of the King with the site working back again.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 1:24 PM
  • GOOD NEWS !!! The gates to Mordor are open again, we can enter the website.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 1:39 PM
  • the gates had a hitch while opening, it closed for about 5 minutes, and then now they are open for ever till the 30th Wink
    Friday, June 15, 2007 2:39 PM
  • With all of us under strict scrutiny of the admins, the eyes of Sauron are upon us. Beware!!!
    Friday, June 15, 2007 3:43 PM
  • Frodo needs to throw the ring into the burning flames, so that saurons eye can be destroyed Stick out tongue

But i suggest Frodo to wait until the Saurons eye have identified all the fake referrals and deleted points for them : then Frodo is free to throw the ring.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 3:59 PM
  • i m feeling well
    Friday, June 15, 2007 4:27 PM
  • Good Rajkumar Smile

Anyways only 2 hours left guys Smile
    Friday, June 15, 2007 4:31 PM
  • yaa only 1.57 hrs
    Friday, June 15, 2007 4:33 PM
  • With less than 10 mins left.... I wish you all good luck!

0 days left

Friday, June 15, 2007 6:23 PM
  • The all seeing eye of Sauron is searching for the people who had pursued malpractices. Beware all citizens of Middle Earth (Rockstar Participants). Well the ring (XBox) shall not be thrown into the pits of Mordor by me Frodo, but by Sam Gamgee (The winner of this contest. A slight change in the climax)
    Saturday, June 16, 2007 9:29 AM
  • Fellow warriors, i am happy that the interaction in the forum ( although not with the same frequency) continues even after the contest has closed. Hope this continues.

So what new mission do thy suggest the fellowship should embark on?

Monday, June 18, 2007 3:09 AM
  • Man even after the contest is over, i dont think that there has been any affect in the fellowship Smile all the members of the fellowship of the forums are still active Smile
    Monday, June 18, 2007 4:37 PM
  • The Fellowship comes from a legend,
    and the "LEGEND LIVES FOREVER"
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 4:42 AM
  • Well we may not all be RockStars...But we are Stars nonetheless.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 5:33 AM
  • We are popstars Smile
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:19 AM