Cannot get PP3 to install, It says it is downloaded. RRS feed

• Question

• I deleted files from C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download

Here are the last few lines from the log file KB968349

74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\homeserverconsoletab.sharing.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\en\homeserverconsoletab.people.resources.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\homeserverconsoletab.people.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\en\homeserverconsoletab.media.resources.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\homeserverconsoletab.media.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\en\homeserverconsoletab.health.resources.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\homeserverconsoletab.health.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\en\homeserverconsole.resources.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\homeserverconsole.exe was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\backuputil.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\backupconfiguration.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\transportserviceproxy.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\transportservice.exe was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\servercerts.exe was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\partnermanager.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\enrollconfig.exe was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\enrollclient.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\whs\whsversionupgrade_x64.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\whs\whsversionupgrade.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\whs\whsconnectorinstall.exe was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\whs\whsconnector_x64.msi was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\whs\whsconnector.msi was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\whs\setup.exe was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\inetpub\intranet\bin\app_web_clientfiles.aspx.cdcab7d2.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\inetpub\enrollid\bin\app_web_id.aspx.cdcab7d2.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\inetpub\enrollid\bin\app_web_hint.aspx.cdcab7d2.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\inetpub\enroll\bin\app_web_enroll.aspx.cdcab7d2.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: IsRebootRequiredForFileQueue: c:\program files\windows home server\activationsource.dll was delayed; reboot is required.
    74.750: DoInstallation: A reboot is required to complete the installation of one or more files.
    74.750: DoInstallation: A reboot is required because the ProcessesToRunAfterReboot inf section was non-empty.
    74.750: UpdateSpUpdSvcInf: Source [ProcessesToRunAfterReboot.RebootNotRequired] section is empty; nothing to do.
    75.016: RebootNecessary = 1,WizardInput = 1 , DontReboot = 1, ForceRestart = 0

any other ideas?
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 11:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Log just tells me you need to reboot. I guess you already did that? If yes please check if version numbers of all components is 6.0.2423.0 (Windows Home Serve Console, Settings, Resources). If not please please have a look at this thread. If you have been running any pre-release version of PP3 (beta, RC) please read these instructions. If this doesn't help please post some more details (current version numbers, check windows update for any failed updates, did you install any third party software or non-essential Microsoft updates, what Add-in's are installed and so on.
    Friday, January 8, 2010 2:51 PM
  • In addition, take a look at this FAQ...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, January 8, 2010 3:03 PM
  • Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2030.2
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.2030.13
    Its a legit copy that came with my mediasmart server.

When I RDC into the server it just keeps on trying to install the update and then fails, and it seems to be hanging the system up cause my RDC and WHC times out, but it seems to still be able to stream media to my media devices...
    Friday, January 8, 2010 11:24 PM
  • if nothing else, How would I go about reinstalling the OS without losing any data on the OS HDD that DE is using?

ok so I read this http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whsfaq/thread/cdb387f1-9baa-4ae3-a74b-ff351dc1c0bf
    The one thing I dont understand is when I upgrade to a new HDD, how to I make sure all the data from my primary HDD is transfered to a seconday disk?  And if no data is stored on the primary except tombstones then what does it matter to upgrade it? 
    Friday, January 8, 2010 11:52 PM
  • if nothing else, How would I go about reinstalling the OS without losing any data on the OS HDD that DE is using?

ok so I read this http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whsfaq/thread/cdb387f1-9baa-4ae3-a74b-ff351dc1c0bf
    The one thing I dont understand is when I upgrade to a new HDD, how to I make sure all the data from my primary HDD is transfered to a seconday disk?

If there is any data on the old primary drive, just connect it to a client PC and copy it over the network to your server.

And if no data is stored on the primary except tombstones then what does it matter to upgrade it? 
    It doesn't.
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 7:50 PM