Live Mesh on phone - invalid config data RRS feed

• Question

• "Live Mesh has encountered invalid configuration settings during initialization.  You may experience unexpected errors while using Live Mesh"

I get that error everytime I launch Live Mesh on my phone.  I just installed it yesterday on my Samsung Jack (WM 6.1).  And ideas how I can resolve it?  I'm seeing folders on my mobile that do no appear on my "Mesh Desktop".
    Friday, August 7, 2009 3:05 PM

Answers

• I moved your post over to the mobile forum.
    Is this a reinstall or upgrade? Or is it a new installation?
    Did you install to main memory or a storage card?

This thread has a few reports of it, but no resolution unfortunately: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMeshMobile/thread/56536180-746e-4669-8542-2308b74d6c39

The error was common for one of the upgrades and the solution was to remove all traces of Live Mesh from the device and then reinstall fresh, but the subsequent update didn't have that problem. The reports in the thread above were new installs.

If it is an upgrade, remove and reinstall.
    If it was installed to the storage card, try installing to main memory.
    If the problem persists, please file a bug report per the instructions here:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, August 7, 2009 3:40 PM

All replies

This thread has a few reports of it, but no resolution unfortunately: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMeshMobile/thread/56536180-746e-4669-8542-2308b74d6c39

The error was common for one of the upgrades and the solution was to remove all traces of Live Mesh from the device and then reinstall fresh, but the subsequent update didn't have that problem. The reports in the thread above were new installs.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, August 7, 2009 3:40 PM

-steve

Hi Steve,

This was a clean install on a brand new device to the devices main memory.  I'll try removing all traces of the application this evening from home.

Thanks
    Friday, August 7, 2009 5:09 PM
  • Before removing it, please do capture the logs and submit a bug report!
    -steve
    Friday, August 7, 2009 5:32 PM
  • I finally got around to submitting a bug on this issue: https://connect.microsoft.com/LiveMesh/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=485431
    Monday, August 31, 2009 4:34 PM
  • Thanks, Zeke009.
    -steve
    p.s. I've been getting the error on my WM 6.1 device lately, too.

Monday, August 31, 2009 5:47 PM
  • Yea!  I'm not alone, but... I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue as well.  I've left Live Mesh uninstalled now and stick with syncing my files/folders via WMDC for the time being.

How ever, I can be talked in to testing a scenario or two if you come up with something.  ;)
    Monday, August 31, 2009 6:41 PM
  • I'm getting the error also.
    Brand new install to main memory.
    Ver. 0.9.4014.2
    Palm Treo Pro - WM 6.1
    I'll try uninstalling, and reinstalling tomorrow and post back.
    [IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/2wckylf.jpg[/IMG]
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:46 AM