none
Newbie Question: Can I use SyncFramework in a Wbservice to cach data when DB connection is not available RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm new to MS Sync framework. I have a webservice with stores incomming date to a SQL 2008 Database. Can I use the sysnc framework to temporary store the date into a CF database when the MSSQL DB connection is down, and store it to the MS SQL database when the connection is available. I saw a lot of examoples and try something where the sync framework syncs a CF database with a SQL Server DB. But in all this examples all data will bw sync to the CF database first. I don't want to bring data from the MS SQL table to the CF table i only wan't to save date into the CF DB when the real connection is down.

Are MS SQL sync Framework the right framework for me ? Anny example are welcome

Thx Wolfgang 

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:33 AM

Answers

• you will need to sync first when the ms sqlserver is online. the you can use sync-ed DB as your secondary.

but in your case, you might consider sql server DB Mirroring or other HA solutions.

thanks

Yunwen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 2:28 PM

All replies

• you will need to sync first when the ms sqlserver is online. the you can use sync-ed DB as your secondary.

but in your case, you might consider sql server DB Mirroring or other HA solutions.

thanks

Yunwen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 2:28 PM
  • Sync Framework does not detect database or connection availability. Syncronization is something that you invoke or initiate.

In your case, you will have to code the part that detects if your DB Server is available. If it's not available, you can redirect all database operations to CF (inserts only since your CF doesnt have copies of rows from the server so there is nothing to update or delete).

You can then use Sync Framework to synchronize this CF to the server (configure UploadOnly sync direction) to upload the changes when the connection is restored.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 3:45 AM